So I'm planning on just getting an empty Orange 4x12 clone via a company called Lopo Line and I'm going to put some V30's in there. However, I'm not sure I'll be able to afford all 4 speakers at once. So here are my questions:
1) Can I just put in 2 speakers and put in the other 2 at a later date?
2) Can someone give me wiring diagrams?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
depends how many watts and how many ohms the speakers are built to handle v. what wattage your head puts out along with what ohm hookups it has
Hi, I'm Peter
Well, I'm going to be using a JCM900 4100 with it and probably using it in the 50W setting. As for the ohms, I can't really say. I'll be obtaining whatever I can get off Ebay.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ok, well, here's the deal with building a cab. Take whatever your individual speaker value is, and if you wire them in series, just add the value of each speaker.

For example, if you have 2 speakers, both are rated for 30 watts and 4 ohms, wire them in series, and you have a cab that can handle 60 watts total at 8 ohms. If you wired 4 speakers in series, you'd have 120 watts at 16 ohms.

To wit:
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Sep 16, 2006,
Could I get some diagrams of how to wire? And could I just add the other 2 speakers later, if I have to?
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
I put a drawing above. I know it sucks, but you'll get the general point. You make one big wiring loop starting and ending at the speaker jack, hooking the negative of one speaker to the positive of the next. You can easily add speakers to this...just remember, you're adding the ohms of the speaker as well as the available power handling.
Hi, I'm Peter
you have a gmx212. So do i from what i understand you can use it as a cabhead w/out having 2 get a seperate one. On the back theres a left and right speaker out. i think u j / hook it thru there.
There are 2 sites on the web with useful wiring diagrams and papers on how to apply Ohm's Law in easy to understand language. Check out Shavano Music and another site is US Speaker. Good luck.
Google has plenty of info in ohmage and crap. Just search.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
hey dirk gently: its not neccesarrly true that if you have 4 4ohm speakers when u wire them they will be 16 ohms, if u hook em up inparrallel u will get 8 ohms and 120watt handling. i dnt remeber off the top of my head how the wiring goes, but you are partyl correct
Could just get some cheaper speakers. Jensen makes really good speakers for a lot less that bigger brands.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?