Page 1 of 3
Why are so many metal frontmen misanthrophists???
Is there something about metal that makes people misantrophic??
well it is a thing that is sometimes associated with black metal. I guess its just a thing some people beleive. To a certain degree im sure we all beleive in it.
it's because they're trying to seem tough,cool,mean,angry at the world for making their girl friends breakup with them. what i always do is remember when they go home they make popcorn and watch TV like all of us, i think the mean misanthropy is mostly an act for publicity, attention.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by JamesDouglas
it's because they're trying to seem tough,cool,mean,angry at the world for making their girl friends breakup with them. what i always do is remember when they go home they make popcorn and watch TV like all of us, i think the mean misanthropy is mostly an act for publicity, attention.

no its not... misanthropy is the untrust of other human beings wich alot of people actually feel, especially metal people. There really is a devoted group of metal heads out there that fit every single metal stereotype around. It has nothing to do with publicity.
oh get real dude, do really think that the people that have "untrust of other human beings " just happen to be heavy metal bands? why do u think they grow their hair, beards, get tattoes? to look tough, its an image and so is the "misanthropy"
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
^Unless you can read their minds, how the **** would you know whether its an act or not? I'm a Misanthropist, you dont see me in a big metal band do you. Hell, I'm not even the front man in my band. Some people genuinly have a distrust of humans. And a hatred for the ignorance this race preaches.
ooooh, but i bet you'd love to be in a big metal band moaning about how life sucks, while the crowd agrees and cuts themselves. Besides you are the most hypocritic person ever. You say people are ignorant, while you claim to hate them. Showing your ignorance in that not all people are dick lickers that do evil things. How do you expect to help anyone by sitting on the sidelines hating people?
Quote by JamesDouglas
ooooh, but i bet you'd love to be in a big metal band moaning about how life sucks, while the crowd agrees and cuts themselves. Besides you are the most hypocritic person ever. You say people are ignorant, while you claim to hate them. Showing your ignorance in that not all people are dick lickers that do evil things. How do you expect to help anyone by sitting on the sidelines hating people?

Misantrophy is not about thinking that life sucks, jackhole. It's not about cutting yourself, idiot. And disliking humanity does not mean that you think that they are evil. Quite the contrary, you can think that they are too soft and weak. And it's not about helping people. Most misantrophists actually think that humanity does not DESERVE help. Read up on what the discussion is about before you dismiss everyone as idiots. It's people like you who ensure that there will always be misantrophists.
Misanthropy is a general dislike of the human race. It is not dislike of individual human beings, but rather dislike of the features shared by all humanity throughout place and time, including oneself. A misanthrope is thus a person who exhibits a general dislike of humankind. Dictionary definition. If you hate yourself, and us, do the world a favour and kill your self and any offspring you may have produced. And what do you think misanthopists think life is wonderful? no they think it sucks, and for some reason wearing makeup and stockings help. People like me? Misanthropists hate the human race, not people. So pretty much what I'm trying to say is, bite me you cum guzzling queen.
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Misantrophy is not about thinking that life sucks, jackhole. It's not about cutting yourself, idiot. And disliking humanity does not mean that you think that they are evil. Quite the contrary, you can think that they are too soft and weak. And it's not about helping people. Most misantrophists actually think that humanity does not DESERVE help. Read up on what the discussion is about before you dismiss everyone as idiots. It's people like you who ensure that there will always be misantrophists.

Owned.

My thing with Misanotrophy having an inpact on metal is the music itself. It's not the norm as your everyday pop, rap, and modern rock. People begin to think you're strange. When that begins to happen you feel that the people looking down on your musical tastes and lifestyle are ignorant.

I myself hate and love people. I've met my share of ignorant people in my life, but that doesn't stop me from liking certain people.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Owned.

My thing with Misanotrophy having an inpact on metal is the music itself. It's not the norm as your everyday pop, rap, and modern rock. People begin to think you're strange. When that begins to happen you feel that the people looking down on your musical tastes and lifestyle are ignorant.

I myself hate and love people. I've met my share of ignorant people in my life, but that doesn't stop me from liking certain people.

Hit the nail right on the head there. There are people I like alot, ofcourse, but the majority is just a dull, grey, mindless, numb mass.
Wow you are hypocritical, you like some people? Misanthropists supposedly hate the human race, including themselves. So decide what you are/who you hate before calling yourselves pretty names like misanthropists.
Quote by JamesDouglas
Wow you are hypocritical, you like some people? Misanthropists supposedly hate the human race, including themselves. So decide what you are/who you hate before calling yourselves pretty names like misanthropists.

I never called myself a misantrophist. I explained to you what it was, and then I said I agreed with what Nelsean said, never once did I call myself a misantrophist.
Ughh.

Even if we were Misanthropists, there are two forms of Misanthropists in this world. People who maintain a form of hatred or distrust on the human race or the subtle version of disliking and having mistrust among most individuals.

Misanthropist can maintain a healthy relationship with (and heres the key word) specific individuals with whom the person may like.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
No you see, and HERES the key word, just because you say there are two types of misanthropism it doesn't mean there actually are. There is one type, and if you're going to be half hearted about hating the human race, then look down upon yourself, as for Blizzard_of_Oz you defined misanthropy, wrong, and led me to believe you were a misanthopist, this argument is beyond retarded, and so is hating your race and self.
Quote by JamesDouglas
No you see, and HERES the key word, just because you say there are two types of misanthropism it doesn't mean there actually are. There is one type, and if you're going to be half hearted about hating the human race, then look down upon yourself, as for Blizzard_of_Oz you defined misanthropy, wrong, and led me to believe you were a misanthopist, this argument is beyond retarded, and so is hating your race and self.

This argument is retarded, simply because you jump to your own conclusion and think that people claim to be something when they don't?

No, the only thing in this discussion is you and your lack of grammar.
Many frontman are misanthropic cause its a big theme in Black metal and some other types of metal.

I guess im sorta misanthropic cause I dont really like people in general. And humanity ruined earth.

And also, being misanthropic usually doesn't mean not talking to anyone. You can still like individual people.
Quote by JamesDouglas

Hey asshole, Read up about **** before you clame to be the expert on it.

There are always different forms/Severities of all types describe behaviors. Case in point, depression. Manic depression is far different than the depression bought on by bi-polar behavior, or the depression of your cat dying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misanthropic

'Overt expressions of misanthropy are common in satire and comedy, although intense misanthropy is generally rare. Subtler expressions are far more common, especially for those pointing out the shortcomings of humanity.(see what I did here, this basically sums up black metal) In extreme cases, misanthropes may remove themselves from society, becoming hermits or shut-ins.'

People like you are the reason misanthropy exisits. You shoot off hot air, waving your tiney balls around so everyone can see your puffed dog like chest. You have your mindset, and We. Are all wrong for thinking differently, and when you get backed into a corner you act like a dog.
No you see I am not the coward with tiny balls, you are the coward. Instead of facing your so called issues of dislike for, I?ll humor you, certain people; you call yourself misanthropic and thinks that?s ok. In actual fact you aren't misanthropic, you?re just an asshole who gets away with hating people by giving yourself a title. So Mr. Misanthropic you hate humans, so what do you do about it? Nothing? Oh. So tell me, and this is what this thread was started on; misanthropes may remove themselves from society, becoming hermits or shut-ins.'
You don't think the fact that all metal front men happen to be misanthropic is suspicious? You think they really are? Nothing of it involves having an image? Black lip stick and eye liner somehow symbolizes their general disgust for the human race? No, it doesn?t it?s just an image. If you saw somewhere that misanthropic people wore dresses and drink tea, you'd do it. What the hell does loud music have to do with showing there negative feelings? Just so you don?t bring this up, I like metal, and do appreciate, most of it.
jamesdouglas......you came looking for an argument and you are gonna get a new asshole torn if you continue. you are wrong, shut your mouth. rather than committing ad hominems and hastey generalizations, you should educate yourself.

TAKEN FROM WIKIPEDIA

Boyd Rice's Social Darwinist outlook eventually led to him founding the Social Darwinist think tank called The Abraxas Foundation, named after the ancient god Abraxas.

The organization promotes authoritarianism, totalitarianism, misanthropism, elitism, is antidemocratic, and has some philosophical overlap with the Church of Satan. During an interview with Christian talk show host Bob Larson, Boyd Rice described the basic philosophy of the foundation as being "The strong rule the weak, and the clever rule the strong". The organization generally feels that any action leading to human depopulation, regardless of scale, is good in that humans are a dangerous strain on the environment. They maintain that large scale violence is inevitable, and to be strong, humans should succumb to their animal instincts to survive. Racism is not necessarily promoted, but fully acceptable in that it promotes these ends. The organization does not consider itself good or evil, and sees its philosophy as transcending these dualities. Followers of this philosophy are enlightened, and in so being are elite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyd_Rice
Quote by JamesDouglas
No you see I am not the coward with tiny balls, you are the coward. Instead of facing your so called issues of dislike for, I?ll humor you, certain people; you call yourself misanthropic and thinks that?s ok. In actual fact you aren't misanthropic, you?re just an asshole who gets away with hating people by giving yourself a title. So Mr. Misanthropic you hate humans, so what do you do about it? Nothing? Oh. So tell me, and this is what this thread was started on; misanthropes may remove themselves from society, becoming hermits or shut-ins.'
You don't think the fact that all metal front men happen to be misanthropic is suspicious? You think they really are? Nothing of it involves having an image? Black lip stick and eye liner somehow symbolizes their general disgust for the human race? No, it doesn?t it?s just an image. If you saw somewhere that misanthropic people wore dresses and drink tea, you'd do it. What the hell does loud music have to do with showing there negative feelings? Just so you don?t bring this up, I like metal, and do appreciate, most of it.

This is not metal, I'd like you to give me a few examples of metalbands, in different genres if you have time.
Thank you.
</IMO>
My 3rd favourite band, Metallica. Among others i enjoy pantera, megadeth,venom,anathema,i used to even enjoy cradle of filth now and then. This argument was not about defining misanthropy, it was about why metal frontmen are misanthropic. First of all I'd like to say I did not come here for an argument but rather a discussion, but all your pathetic empty threats about how tiny my genetalia must be and how you are going to rip new orofices into my body made it into an argument. I stay with my statement that most metal frontmen or bands are misanthropic for image, if you wish for some reason to argue over the defenition of misanthropy open a new thread. They say they hate humans to seem tough. If you want to bring a cult (satanism) into this then I've already won.
JamesDouglas must be one of these 'gee isnt humanity great' people

In the words of Bill Hicks ' Humanity is a virus with shoes'

Most people are misanthropic to certain degree but as it was said earlier that there are very few full-on misanthropes

most are humanitarian misanthropes (an oxymoron but for the purpose of this example) - they dislike and distrust 'the herd' or the common man' for their destructive and decietful tendencies but do believe there are those who will rise above these base social instincts and possibly change and/or improve things - but my definition is crude

Nietzsche can be a good example of this type of thought and I would probably place myself in this group
Quote by Spynal
If irony were peanut butter, you would be sticking to the roof of the mouth of life.

Quote by webbtje
Yeah, it was clearly necessary to stab him 23 times, just to be sure.

http://www.last.fm/user/fjm2c
Last edited by FJM2C at Sep 17, 2006,
I wouldn't call myself a Misanthropist, although my way of thinking often comes across similar theories. I do hate most people for certain reasons, but I'm not convinced that all humans are the same.

Edit: Oh, just read the post above. Truely well spoken.

And please, could some mod ban this kid that's trying to sound all smart? I'm in favour of the idea of freedom of speech, but everything gets to a certain level...
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Quote by JamesDouglas
My 3rd favourite band, Metallica. Among others i enjoy pantera, megadeth,venom,anathema,i used to even enjoy cradle of filth now and then. This argument was not about defining misanthropy, it was about why metal frontmen are misanthropic. First of all I'd like to say I did not come here for an argument but rather a discussion, but all your pathetic empty threats about how tiny my genetalia must be and how you are going to rip new orofices into my body made it into an argument. I stay with my statement that most metal frontmen or bands are misanthropic for image, if you wish for some reason to argue over the defenition of misanthropy open a new thread. They say they hate humans to seem tough. If you want to bring a cult (satanism) into this then I've already won.

well, these are only thrash bands exept for CoF and anathema (which I haven't heard of), could you name a blackmetal band, or a dm band or both if you have time?
Truly sorry to bothering you with this, but it seems that you have no fucking clue about what you're talking about.
Thank you.
</IMO>
mis- : bad, unfavorable
anthrop- : human being
y: of such

maybe...: a bad human being
according to a competent dictionary: a hatred or distrust of humankind
the maybe-generally meant definition by metal****s: the despisement of the majority of humanrace

Quote by JamesDickless
I stay with my statement that most metal frontmen or bands are misanthropic for image

thhat's probably true, but since you say most, you should inductively prove it.

despite numerous overgenralizations, dislays of ignorance, straw-men, and whatnot, where is this guy wrong? (not rhetorical)
where he is wrong?
See the bolded words in the quote in my first post.
</IMO>
dsffghhjkhgdfbd,mnvbmg

Quote by grave
despite numerous overgenralizations, dislays of ignorance, straw-men, and whatnot, where is this guy wrong? (not rhetorical)

Quote by trollblod
where he is wrong?
See the bolded words in the quote in my first post.

Quote by grave
despite numerous overgenralizations, displays of ignorance, straw-men, and whatnot, where is this guy wrong?
Quote by JamesDouglas

Ok, first of all, who the **** are you to say whats wrong and whats right? People have different opinions about everything, and if you can't deal with them, then off yourself already.

Because, according to you, accosting people for their beliefs is brave, while showing disgust is cowardly.

Put quite simply, you are a close-minded ****.
Quote by fronkpies
Just search "japanese chicks with big fat dicks" on google and you'll see.
Quote by Boghead
Why are so many metal frontmen misanthrophists???
Is there something about metal that makes people misantrophic??

look around you. i dont care what style of music you're into, misantrophism is a worthwhile belief. people suck.
Quote by Alucard II
look around you. i dont care what style of music you're into, misantrophism is a worthwhile belief. people suck.
what pisses me off is how up tight and fake the majority of the humans of the earth are, and that is part of the reason why i act like a vulgar jack ass most of the time. i really loathe ungenuine folks. i think part of the reason why peoples are becoming so fake is due to cellular phones and MTV...................but that is a different story.

mianthropy is warranted because the majority of the people on this earth are not.
I think people overemphasize the superficiality of the dominant culture. Teenagers who listen to Green Day while editing their myspace and checking their cell phone voice mail are far less common than one might think. There's no reason to be angry at the world. Take the anger, and go out and do something productive with it. Misanthropy is basically saying "humanity sucks, so I'm going to contribute by vicariously making it suck more as I sit here and do nothing but complain about how it sucks."
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Last edited by LedZeppelin at Sep 17, 2006,
cell phones are awesome. sadly, they probably cause cancer.

misantropy is primitive; quite appropriate for the majority of metal/black metal people.

"ignorance is intrinsic"
- ?

"without ignorance, there'd be no intelligence"
- ?

"overpopulation is 'BAD'"
- Enviromental Science

"overpopulation is bad; so reduce the human population"
- grave

"Korgoth of Barbaria = best cartoon ever" [very relevant]
- grave
Wow LedZeppelin thank you for saying what I've said in the majority of my posts. Ok, first of all I'm not a tree hugging hippie that loves all humanity, i also dont see the purpose in hating it. Death/ Black/ Gore/ Grind/ Power/ Gothic/ War metal are types of metal, what the hell is that? Whats the difference between grind and power, black and gothic? Its all just a parade of images no better than that G-d damned MTV. I am not closed minded at all, in fact ur the closed minded ones for hating humanity, its not as bad as u sad little people think it is. Honestly, and this is not me admitting defeat, the orginal post asked why most metal front men were msanthropic, i say most of them do it for image some really are and thats it. Anyone i offended im sorry, agree to disagree.
Quote by JamesDouglas
Whats the difference between grind and power, black and gothic? Its all just a parade of images no better than that G-d damned MTV.

And right THERE is the proof we've all been waiting for... that you don't know a fucking THING about metal. Kindly see yourself out.

I am not closed minded at all, in fact ur the closed minded ones for hating humanity, its not as bad as u sad little people think it is.

"I'm not close-minded, except towards belief systems I don't agree with."

Meh.

Honestly, and this is not me admitting defeat, the orginal post asked why most metal front men were msanthropic, i say most of them do it for image some really are and thats it. Anyone i offended im sorry, agree to disagree.

The point being, you can't say MOST metal frontmen are misanthropic. I'd put my money on Joacim Cams loving humanity. Your generalization is very, VERY wrong on this topic.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Last edited by Spynal at Sep 17, 2006,
Page 1 of 3