Hey, for the Australians out there, do any of you listen to Odin's Jukebox? It's on 88.6 Thurday nights, 10:30 - 12:30. A whole 2 hours of metal!

For the people who do, last Thurday, when they played Soldiers of the Wasteland for Jordan. I was that Jordan.
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
yeah great, your famous
anyway
radio stations depend on where you are in australia.
some stations are national others are regional, i dont think 88.6 is in sydney is it
Whoops, sorry. It's only in Melbourne. My bad.

Good station though.

Hi
heh, we have a metal radio on tuesdays for 2 hours late at night as well i think
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
There's Full Metal Racket on Triple J, tuesday nights, 10-12. I listened to it once when Tools' Vicarious was released. Thats all I know, I haven't listened to a whole show so it could be a shocker.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
All we get for metal on the radio over here is 15 lousy minutes of Black Sabbath and Blind Guardian on saturday evenings.
I wish I knew about another station in Sydney. Full "metal" racket is the biggest joke since Cityrail.
That's the bad thing though. Metal stations won't get much advertising if they stick to true metal. I only heard about Odin's Jukebox about a month/3 weeks back. Bloody mainstream music.

Hi
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
I wish I knew about another station in Sydney. Full "metal" racket is the biggest joke since Cityrail.

Cityrail still is a joke.
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
All we get for metal on the radio over here is 15 lousy minutes of Black Sabbath and Blind Guardian on saturday evenings.

Werent you swedish dude?

That seems like an oxymoron:P Having a subgerne in metal but no atttention to it on the radio.
Melbourne you say? I have to check this out some time.

Thanks JD7 for the info.
IRON MAIDEN
7 Feb 2008, Melbourne, Australia
23 Feb 2011, Melbourne, Australia
4 Mar 2011, Melbourne, Australia
------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube

Quote by Davidian
Werent you swedish dude?

That seems like an oxymoron:P Having a subgerne in metal but no atttention to it on the radio.

Yes I am. And no, metal gets no airplay on the radio here, other than those 15 minutes. Although once they aired the complete Dimmu Borgir set from Gates of Metal 05 or something.
We've got two shows run from 10-12 pm and 12pm-2am every Friday night on the University station. Its actually pretty kickass, mind you the first guy tends to play way too much thrash, and only plays black metal when its requested (which is never)
Closest thing we have is Harder Faster on WAAF out of Boston. They usually litter it with a bunch of -core stuff. It has some good stuff on it sometimes, though.
At least in most countries you find some decent ROCK stations that are bearable to listen to. All radio here is either pop, oldies, classical, old people's music and hiphop. Argh.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
We have "Factura" here in Bulgaria it's an hour and a half and it can range from Lacuna Coil or Stone Sour etc to Vader, Nile or Emperor etc.

The guy who hosts it is a big Industrial fan and yet very rarely is there any good industrial on the show.
Full Metal Racket a joke?? Hahaha, my arse!

The Haug's Metalness > you

I really haven't bothered with much since I'm happy with Full Metal Racket, but I'm pretty sure they have a station which plays all rock and has metal pretty commonly lol talking about it makes me feel stupid not to check it out....