So, I played a Ramones tribute concert last night....
I forgot earplugs and I think I have tinnitis now. My left ear (I was stage right) was ringing all the way home and in bed, and it is now. Whoo.
But, when I woke up today, my wrist was in a LOT of pain.
Y'know how motorcyclists accelerate? With the handle grips? Well, I can't make that motion. Much pain.
I put Muscle Rub on it - anyone know anything else that may help?
I have another concert tomorrow.
Thanks in advance.
Quote by ygokazuki
So, I played a Ramones tribute concert last night....
I forgot earplugs and I think I have tinnitis now. My left ear (I was stage right) was ringing all the way home and in bed, and it is now. Whoo.
But, when I woke up today, my wrist was in a LOT of pain.
Y'know how motorcyclists accelerate? With the handle grips? Well, I can't make that motion. Much pain.
I put Muscle Rub on it - anyone know anything else that may help?
I have another concert tomorrow.
Thanks in advance.

Congrats you are now experiencing Tendonits, nothing will cure it or stop the pain.

Tendonitis is an inflamation of the tendons in the hand, creams and rubs wont really help. What you need to do is take Ibuprofen tablets (assuming your not alergic to it), ibuprofen is a fairly good anti-inflamitory. But you also need to completly rest your hand for 5-7 days. Even if it feels fine after a couple of days dont do anything strenious with it, let it fully heal.

If you play your gig tomorrow your just going to inflame the tendons further, which means you will have to rest it for even longer to get it to heal properly. If you dont let it heal properly then it will plauge you for a long time (I know i suffer from it myself)
^^ agreed.... screw your next concert
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
wear earplugs till and during the concert?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
yeh do all that shizlle and try putting and ice pak on it. alternate between an ice pack and something hot. that works
I agree with the tendonitis, I got it a while back. I didn't really listen to the doctor though. He said to get a wrist support, which I tried to do, but in the end didn't. I just carried on doing everything (Cricket, guitar - maybe even basketball once, not sure), painkillers will maybe help a bit. If I were you I'd keep playing. When it happened to me I always use to keep twisting my wrist and everything to make it hurt so I could get used to it or something, it's not pleasant, but it's up to you. I'd still play - it goes away after a while.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I agree with Prk Marshall, use the Ibuprofen. Take a couple of times a day. Try soaking in warm water to help relax the arm and stretch real good before you play. I would hold off the practicing till after your next show, and make sure to take some Ibuprofen prior to your gig.
you should check your picking technique, because a normal technique shouldn't give you tendonitis.