I have been interested in buying one for a while now, but can't make my mind up what to buy. Originally, I was thinking dunlop original, but it has bad rep, so I 'm thinking on either Dunlop 535Q, or Vox847 wah. I want a decent wah to cover what I'd use it for. I play hard rock with bit of metal (blues, but wouldn't use wah w/blues)
I'd use it for mettalica's,slash's and most wah solos. Not on a budget, please give pro's/cons, and tell me which I should get. If one is better, why,cheers.(Also, in the near future I will upgrade to a better amp, does the wah kill tone)
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Last edited by tristan123/ at Sep 16, 2006,
vox V847 all the way, they rule... I have one myself. There only like 100 dollars so its not too expensive. Its battery powered by a 9volt but if you always unplugg the amp and instrument cords (thats how it turns off) it'll last about a year...
No budget? Look up Budda wahs.

If you want a Vox wah, go with the Clyde McCoy reissue over the V847. The Clyde McCoy comes with an AC input and sounds sweet.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
weeping demon?

my crybaby does kindof suck tone but it is also silent when switched off, which can't be said for most pedals.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by Kutanmoogle
No budget? Look up Budda wahs.

If you want a Vox wah, go with the Clyde McCoy reissue over the V847. The Clyde McCoy comes with an AC input and sounds sweet.

So, the vox847 doesn't use the mains supply, and is battery powered only? Is the dunlop a miss?
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like the standard Dunlop Crybaby

But if you need the adjustable wah, the 535Q would do fine
My second recomendation is the Vox Wah

I've heard good things about Ibanez's weeping demon, but I can't comment on it
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
He's lookin to play metal with the wah, not blues, so the Vox's are out of the question.

What about a Weeping Demon?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
He's lookin to play metal with the wah, not blues, so the Vox's are out of the question.

What about a Weeping Demon?

Yeh well rock and metal. I will have a look at the "weeping demon". I don't know anything about this wah, is it any good,and for what metal only? An all-round good one would e ideal, but if it's particularly good metal and rock then it'll be woth gettin. I don't have a thing with the crybaby or anything, but I can't get my head around why people aren't into it very much as it's suited the needs of many famous musicians
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah