I'm thinking about buying a new guitar and amp. I have came down to 2 diffrent ones - Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe or a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Can anyone tell me which would be best for playing everything from punk & metal. And Which would be the best amp.
I would go with the Epi Les Paul and A Vox Valvetronix AC50VT. Its a perfect combination and it can do a lot of different stuff since the vox is a modeling amp. In fact, tomorrow im going to be getting an Epi Les Paul myself.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
what is you budget for the amp?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
No Vox for metal. They arent meant for metal. Depending on your budget for an amp Id maybe go with maybe a Marshall DSL401?
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
^Yea a DSL would be good if it's in his price range, you could also get a used Peavey XXX.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I would take the 72 tele. It's a much higher quality guitar than the epi standard. As for amp, i'm going to agree with the DSL 401 suggestion assuming that it's in your price range.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
And if you've got a lower price range, Roland Cubes are good.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Cubes or Valvetronix if your on a low end budget..

Personally id go with the Telecaster aswell.
^His screenname is A7X though...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
With my Fender tele, If i put my pod on hi-gain and eq with the old metal V scooped shape then i can get a really beefed up low-endy tone that can do A7X easily.
Well the Tele is going to sound WAY different then the Epi. The Tele Deluxe will be a lot brighter and may sound a bit too brittle for metal. The Epi will sound a lot warmer and thick...but the the stock pickups are crap and can get really mooshy. I would suggest swapping them ASAP if you end up with the Epi.

Personally Id get the Tele Deluxe.
If you have a high budget, a JSX would do the trick most likely. You said Punk and Metal, and it's a very versitile amplifier.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way