Well, I played this amp at my local shop last night for a good 2 hours. Im in love with this amp. Im suprised there isnt preached so much around here. Every channel sounds absolutely amazing on that amp. I never really got to crank it but it was at reasonable level. I will be picking one up within the next few months. What are your guys opinions on it?
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
I think its the most versitle (sp?) amp out of Peavey's big sellers (the 6505, JSX and XXX). It can do lots of different styles of music, but it doesn't really excell in one area.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
It isn't preached so much because it tries to be a marshall clone, yet you can get the real deal for the same or less. Also it doesn't sound quite as good as a real marhsall either.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Well, infact last night I played the DSL50 (for the third time) through a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab. I got to turn it up quite a bit and I must say I wasnt that impressed. First off it gave off a buzz when it wasnt doing anything, and the tone seemed real muddy at low volumes. It got a bit better higher up, but not much. Im no longer so much in support of the DSL50. Its still a good amp, but not as great as I originally though.
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
the dsl takes abit of tweaking, as theres a bit of a balance between the pre amp and power amp.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
i thought that amp is always preached!!!!!!?

people always recommend it

i find it too modern
I own a JSX, and I love it. I havent got to play it with my band yet, but that will happen Sunday. It does very many different styles of music, very versatile. A little expensive, but meh.

I'm agered cause my ultra gain doesnt work, but I think that happened when I shorted out the recepticles in my room when i was playing. Hopefull getting it fixed soon though.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
That sucks dude. Hope you get that fixed, I'll be buying mine pretty soon.

Do you think it would work okay with maybe the Marshall 1936 2x12, Im currently moving and tight on space so a 2x12 will be a little more conveinent for the moment, (and cheaper, heh :P).
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
at nothing else, it looks awesome.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by greendayguitar
I own a JSX, and I love it. I havent got to play it with my band yet, but that will happen Sunday. It does very many different styles of music, very versatile. A little expensive, but meh.

I'm agered cause my ultra gain doesnt work, but I think that happened when I shorted out the recepticles in my room when i was playing. Hopefull getting it fixed soon though.

were you able to find your preamp tubes?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
were you able to find your preamp tubes?

I was actually. Thank you. And I concluded that it wasn't the tubes that were causing the problem. If you want to read up on it, and maybe trouble shoot some suggestions, jsut clicky my thread, I beleive it's on the third page.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by Funky P
It isn't preached so much because it tries to be a marshall clone, yet you can get the real deal for the same or less. Also it doesn't sound quite as good as a real marhsall either.

i have a JSX and in no way i would say its a marshall clone. ive played it next to mesas and i can tell them apart. if anything, its more similar to a mesa than a marshall.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!