Page 1 of 2
So I'm saving up $500 dollars, about to buy a guitar, and maybe a practice amp. So which of these is better?

Fender Standard Stratocaster-$400
Fender Standard Stratocaster HH-$400
Fender Standard Strat HH-$400
Fender Squier Standard Strat-$200
Fender Squier Bullet-$100
Fender Squier Start Pk-$280
Fender Standard Telecaster-$400
Epiphone Goth G-400-$300
Epiphone-1958 Korina Flying V-$500
PRS SE Standard-$500
PRS Tremonti SE-$500
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple-$500
PRS SE EG-$500
PRS SE Singlecut-$550 [willing to go a little over]
Ibanez SZ520QMG-$530
Ibanez SZ320-$450
Parker PM10-$500
iGuitar i81Truquoise-$450
Line6 Variax300-$500
Peavy HP Signature Series EXP-$550
Peavy JF-1 EXP-$300

I play a lot of different stuff, blues, metal, rock. Thanks in advance.
...When you decide to wake up..
i think either of the fender strats would suit u fine
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Get a Fender Tele and a mid level amp ( I like Line6 Spider II )

Actually I'm mostly kidding, what style do you wanna play
Quote by metalhead90621
Also can a doctor tell if you have been inhaling chemicals like air freshener?

Bite my shiny metal ass
I might suggest a Standard Fender Fat Strat. The HSS pickup configuration should fit your taste pretty well. As for an amp, if you're just starting out, Crates are cheap and I think they're decent practice amps. Go to a guitar shop and try out the ones you like. Good luck
well it depends, do u want tone or playability?

getting a good amp first will give you tone but you may be stuck with a crappy guitar, which isnt always bad, it actually makes you better

or you can get a good guitar first and sacrifice tone for playability
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

IMHO, playability is more important than tone, if its your first guitar. I mean, considering the $500 price range, the difference in playability isn't much, so it isn't like you are going for a spiffy new Les Paul instead of a $300 Epi Les Paul. It would just be the little things, that I find important.

Unless the amp you can get, along with a cheap guitar, is really good.

Just my opinion...

EDIT: If you need a cheap guitar for around $200, you could always check out rondo music.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Thanks guys, keep 'em coming, I need all the advice I can get.
Don't get a HH strat. Get HSS or SSS if you're getting a strat. HH strats aren't much good, imo. The middle positions are the best thing on a strat.
id go with a good amp and then savw for a good guiar. id say maybe a vox ad30vt or ad50vt and then start saving for a decent guitar. look for used guitars too.i got a gibson les paul junior for 300 bucks but in your case just look around and play as many guitars in your price range as possible until you find one that you feel comfortable with.
I hate fender HSS. Why would you want a bucker in a strat? All the single coils sound so good!
Quote by Dancing Fool
Thanks guys, keep 'em coming, I need all the advice I can get.

Yeah dude, well any Zappa fan, I am more than willing to help!

STrat HSS, great guitar, fits many genres
Quote by funkyllamasgomo
I might suggest a Standard Fender Fat Strat. The HSS pickup configuration should fit your taste pretty well. As for an amp, if you're just starting out, Crates are cheap and I think they're decent practice amps. Go to a guitar shop and try out the ones you like. Good luck

agreed
please dont buy a squier, the world is so much better off without them
my gear=
<ludwig 7 piece set, 6 cymbals>
<dw 3000 double kicks>
<ibanez sz>
<fender stratacoustic>
<yamaha synth>
<godin freeway 4 bass>
<digitech rp80>
<custom 100w tech 21 amp>
<fender frontman 15b amp>
Easy choice, the PRS SE Singlecut or SE Custom over those others by far, it plays really great with a nice array of tones from teh stock PRS pups.
Quote by CustomCustom
Easy choice, the PRS SE Singlecut or SE Custom over those others by far, it plays really great with a nice array of tones from teh stock PRS pups.

but then he has no money for an amp doesnt he. personally a fat strat and a roland micro cube will satisfy a beginner hopefully
^ I can save up for a amp. I'm probably gonna get an amp first.
dont get an amp first whats the point in having an amp with out an electic guitar to play through it? either get the electric and save for the amp later or wait keep saving and get them both at the same time. oh and id go with the flying v if you cand stand the way they play sitting down
Quote by Zeus2716
On a seperate occasion, i learned that the diner frowns upon building anatomicaly correct sculptures out of their chicken fingers, onion rings and pickles.
if i were you i would get the fender toronado GT cause its only 500$ but used to be about 900$ and it looks better than all the guitars u listed, it is definitely one of the greatest beginner guitars u can get cause it plays and sounds like a professional guitar! i have it trust me, i have used it in gigs before, its that good......
tbh, if i were you i'd get a decent/not oo good guitar with good woods and a great amp then maybe upgrade pickups

eg. squier affinity fatstrat and a laneylc15/fender projunior(and pedal for metal?) and then upgrade pups and tings as you need
As for amps, I would get a Vox AS30VT it's the amp I have now and it's a modeling amp so it can do almost any style. For guitars, you'll just have to play around for a little bit.
Would you die for Dethklok? I know I would. PM me... If you've got the balls.
What amp should I get? I'm thinking about a Vox or Peavy or Crate. but I am openm to suggestions.
Vox.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^ Yeah that's what I'm thinking. That or a Peavy or Fender.
Buy an Agile 2500 or 2800 from www.rondomusic.net

The best guitars you can buy for the price. Once you get a cheap setup on the 2800, it sounds better than an Gibson LP. Seriously.

CL
Gruntled is a word
I have always loved strats, i own two, so i would go with a stratocaster. However i would recommend NOT buying a starter pack. Ever. They are possibly the worst you can do when buying a guitar. If you arent into strats, get the tele. They are pretty awesome too.

Theres my two cents, anyway.
Fender standard strat. PRS SE. PRS Tremonti are probably the best guitars. Play classic rock go strat. Play heavier stuff go tremonti.
I have the Ibanez SZ320. It's great.... The body is mohagany for that warm Les Paul tone and the two humbuckers are seymour duncan designed. Sweet, buttery tones out of the neck pu and bright, clear tones out of the bridge. The fingerboard is rosewood and the neck fairly thin. Very versatile guitar. I am going to switch out the pups though and I have even considered EMGs, but will probably go JB bridge and '59 neck (seymour duncan).
Oh yeah, i agree with the vox suggestion. the different amp sounds you can dial in are amazing.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
probably buy an amp first then a guitar

why on earth would you get an amp first? you dont play an amp, you play a guitar, and if he has to play it unplugged for a while until he gets an amp.

p.s. i know amps are CRUCIAL to tone, but i am just saying my opinion

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Page 1 of 2