i want to get a new electric guitar, a 5 string bass, and an acoustic, but i don't have a lot of money to spend, so i don't want to go too far over 200 on the bass and electric, and not too far over 100 on the acoustic, so i need to know if these are good, and if not, i need some suggestions.

electric- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GSA60-Electric-Guitar-with-Gig-Bag-Package?sku=519712

bass- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-LX405-Pro-5String-Bass?sku=519277

acoustic- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-PR150-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=512457V
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I have that electric guitar. It's kickass. Very versatile and sounds great, but the build quality isn't the best. Some parts unscrew easily and the neck isn't perfectly aligned, but I think that's just my guitar. It sounds good, that's all that matters.

The acoustic is pretty good too. Epiphone make great acoustic guitars. I think it's well worth it.

The bass...I've never tried a Rogue, but the features are very good. I'm not sure of it, though.
electric - theres better but its ok
bass -its quite good
acoustic-hell no yamaha are so much better for the price
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
can you recommend a good yamaha, srvman?
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
fg310 is prob the best ever value for money acoustic you can get ive had one for years and i prefer it to a few guitars which are more expensive, stupid i know but i just feel happier with it.
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Quote by aznrockerdude

with the electric, i would prefer blue, but it doesn't matter as long as it's not black or white, and i want a tremolo

and what about washburn for the acoustic, this one looks good, and isn't too expensive http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-D100-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=515366
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Last edited by SOADrox429 at Sep 16, 2006,
^What kind of tremolo? Standard or floating?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
what's the biggest difference, i haven't really used a tremolo before, so i really don't know, is it that you can lock and disable a floating tremolo?
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Simply put, you can either have one or not. The advantage of having one is that you can do crazy Vai-type squeals/dive bombs/horse noises etc, and the disadvantage is that if you have a bad one, if you look at it funny, it?ll go out of tune. If you aren?t going to use one, it?s handier not to get one, to be honest (particularly for double-locking types, which involve more complicated stringing and tuning- it?s not rocket science, but it does involve more work).

If you don?t get a trem, you?ll probably get a hardtail of some description. These tend to have better sustain, as well. You won?t be able to do any whammy-tricks, though.

Types of trem: basically, there?s:

Vintage style (Fender Strat and Bigsby type): good for subtle vibrato but won?t hold tuning too well with anything more extreme.

Modern non-locking (like Wilkinson and PRS types): hold tuning better than the vintage ones, but not so well as double-locking.

Double locking (Floyd Rose and equivalent): ultimate tuning stability (there are clamps that lock the strings in place at the nut and at the trem), and allow pitch to be raised AND lowered by several semitones (assuming the trem is recessed into the guitar's body, and set up to float), but involve extra effort in setting up and changing tunings, and there are some poor licensed examples, which don?t hold tuning very well at all- see Commandment #8.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^BTW, that is from the EG Forum, the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" thread.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Sep 16, 2006,
so floating tremolos hold tuning better, but are more complicated to string up? i would rather have good tuning hold
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
^Yeah, but floating bridges are only worth it if you play shred, Pantera, Slayer or something along those lines.

IMO
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
then i would need a floating tremolo
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
What do you play? (don't just say metal, name the bands please)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
stuff like soad, pantera, slipknot, slayer, and nirvana
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
There's only one problem then, guitars with good locking trems aren't cheap.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
i noticed that, the cheapest ones i found were about $350, and they were hollowbody guitars, and i want a solid body

a standard tremolo would be fine, but i would be willing to go up to $275 or a little more if i could find a guitar with a locking tremolo that cheap
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Good luck, most locking tremolos at that price suck..
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
what would be better, a guitar at that price with a sucky locking tremolo, or a guitar for $75 dollars less with a standard tremolo
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
^You don't want a sucky tremolo, most of them are hit-or-miss, and a replacement sets you back by at least $200.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
so should i just get one with a standard tremolo until i get the money to get a good locking tremolo to replace it
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
You can't replace a standard tremolo with a locking tremolo....

EDIT: you can, but you wouldn't be able to dive-bomb or raise pitch.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
i meant a guitar with a locking tremolo
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Hold the phone! I just found a website that sells Kramer guitars for cheap!

EDIT: http://www.musicyo.com/brandland.asp?dept_id=1
Look around for the locking tremolo models, Kramer FR's are good (EVH used them)

I wouldn't buy one unless if I had a good backup guitar though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
which one out of these then, that's awesome, they're not very expensive!!!

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=196

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=355

i think the more expensive one, but i want to make sure
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
also, which acoustic is better

i was going to get this one: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-D100-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=515366

but this is cheaper:http: //www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=441

if they're equal, then i would get the cheaper, but i want to know for sure, because there's not much of a price difference, and i can save 10% at musiciansfriend with a promotional code, too, so keep that in mind
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Which guitar do you currently have? It's good to know that first before taking risks, because you never know if their guitars are dodgey.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
it's a firstact, and it's actually pretty good, so if the guitar's a lemon or something, i can deal until i get the money to fix it or get another one
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
which of these is the best? i like the more expensive one because i can get it in wine red, but the others would only be a natural finish, because i'm not getting black, but i want the one that sounds the best regardless of the finish

#1 http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=441

#2 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-RA100D-Dreadnought-Guitar?sku=511192

#3 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-D100-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=515366
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath