I am sure that there are hundreds of threads on this, i assure you I have searched and come up with multiple threads with the WORD in it so I wasn't about to look at a few hundred threads to find exactly what I was looking for.
Anyway my question is is there a good website for people that are looking to start building their own effects? If so, could you post a link?
i remember seeing one here a while ago but i forgot the page... what kinda effect you wanna build? just outta curiosity..
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
The best thing to do is to go to a music shop and try out some pedals and THEN you can start building.

All my pedals are BOSS apart from a multi-effetcs processor by ZOOM (ZOOM G9.2tt). I like usin' Chorus for solo and stuff like that. And Wah. You gotta love Wah.
everything you need to know, someone on here will know. I suggest that you start off by building a distortion pedal, whichever one you want really (within reason) there are some really good first projects on tonepad (www.tonepad.com ?) i can't remember the URL, but search google. if you dont want to have to buy a PCB from them when youve found a simple pedal on there that you like you can find a simple layout on there probably for perfboard or if you want you can hop over to aronnelson.com/galeries for a slightly better known pedal veroboard layout. you obviously need to then buy your components and some form of board to put it on, some solder, a soldering iron, some 22guage stranded wire and an enclosure. Anything else, post here and lots of other people will nou doubt post and help, we're all friendly