so, in my ska band, we have a mixer for all the mics. and thats placed behind our drummer, who turns it on. he doesnt know how to put on any effects, like reverb, and knows noting about EQ.
two days ago, i told him that im gonna move it more to the center of the area, so everybody could get their hands on it. so, i move it, and the next day, he gives me a look like "wtf, asshole?" so he tells the bassist that he thinks that im trying to take control of the band.
do you think i was right to move it so everybody could share it? or was i out of line, and should i let him have his moment?
yeah, i've got gear too...
squier strat
squier tele
Ibanez rg4ex
Boss DS-1
Morely Bad Horsie Wah
Digitech Hot Head
Boss GE-7
Zoom G1X
Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express
Vox AD50vt
**** him, hes just a drummer. you should club together and treat him like one.

seriously though, thats some pot/kettle/black ****.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
its just the mixer....I'm the drummer from my band and our mixer is also right next to me, so I turn it on and **** with it and stuff. When I first joined the band I didn't know anything about mixers, mics, EQ, settings or any of all that good stuff so my guitarist taught me how to work it so they wouldn't have to work their way over to it and **** with it. Personally i tihnk your drummer is retarded and you should either teach him how to work it and move it back to where it was or just leave it where it is and be like "Dude. Its the mixer. Chill."
ICE
CREAM
IS
GONNA
SAVE
THE
DAY
...AGAIN
It's a mixer.... set it up how the band needs it and then don't touch it other than to power it on. No one needs to mess with the eq everyday, especially if you are playing in the same room/space.
Dude, your drummer's an asshole.

Seriously, what kind of pussy would get upset at that?

I'd be ashamed to admit your situation if I was in it.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
best solution, get some tech geek guy you know to run the mixer for you, thats what ive always done.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
isnt the mixer supposed to be controled by someone who is out infront of the stage where the audience is??

controlling it from stage is just pointless...how are you supposed to know how it sounds out front??
Well I beleive in there situation they are adjustign it for a rehersal, so it's just for them to hear.
yeah, basically, we use it for rehersals, and any gigs. (so far, three)
from what my dad told us from hearing all three, there was alot missing from the sound. IE: no hi's, no mids, couldnt hear the singer, trumpets too loud.
so, im thinking that i should just work on a sound check before the gig, and see if he catches on..
but im still open for more opinions and ideas
thanks guys 'n gals!
yeah, i've got gear too...
squier strat
squier tele
Ibanez rg4ex
Boss DS-1
Morely Bad Horsie Wah
Digitech Hot Head
Boss GE-7
Zoom G1X
Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express
Vox AD50vt
If your Dad is showing up to the shows, why not get him to do the sound? I'm sure you could teach him the basics

Otherwise, get a friend who has an idea of what your band should sound like and get him to run it for you

Our keyboard player controls our Mixer and Rack from the stage when we don't have a sound guy...but these are small gisg where only the singer and keys are going through the system
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Quote by FunkasPuck
**** him, hes just a drummer. you should club together and treat him like one.

seriously though, thats some pot/kettle/black ****.

Hahaha, Genius.