Hey! I was wondering if you need a head for this amp, I am a little unfamiliar with how this amp works and how it sounds. Can somebody tell me some info about this amp and how it works?
The Orange Rocker 30 is a combo, meaning it's a head and speaker together, read up on the FAQ to get more knowledgeable about these types of things.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeah esp if you're spending that much...
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
The rocker 30 comes in 2 models. The 1x12 combo (which is what I play) and the same amp in head form. As far as info...check the link but I'll tell you the most important facts.

30 watts doesnt sound like much but its Class A tube power, this baby gets loud but even at its loudest it still produces a usable tone.

3 12ax7 preamp tubes and 2 EL34 power tubes. Class A means it is SELF BIASING, so if you change tubes you don't have to get the amp rebiased if your still using 12ax7's and EL34's. No reverb, but I swear the Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail was made for this amp. They sound heavenly together.

Clean channel only has a volume knob. If you're interested in tweaking your clean tone, forget about it unless you get an EQ pedal. Also, if you're a sloppy player than this amp (and all other tube amps for that matter) will show it. The most important thing I was considering after trying my amp out and falling in love wasn't if it gave me the tone I was looking for, it was making sure I was good enough to play out of it. Nothing more sad to me than a musician with gear that far outsuits his talent.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
The Rocker 30 is a great amp with a lot more gain than people think. To be honest, there's not much difference between having 3 12AX7's in the pre stage and having 4 12AX7's. The Rockerverb has just a little more gain compared to the Rocker 30. The only complaint I have about the Rocker 30 is the lack of an EQ for the cleans. However, an EQ pedal can easily fix that.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by rockxwl
Also, if you're a sloppy player than this amp (and all other tube amps for that matter) will show it.

Actually, that's a good point, tube amps do respond to variations in picking, string noises etc a lot more than SS ones, but you can compensate for that quite a bit with a compressor pedal.