Well i started playing about 3 or 4 years ago with one of those silvertone starter packages with guitar and amp....which worked for the moment.

About a year later i bought an epiphone SG Special and i still have that now. But i think its time to start getting some serious equipment.

Thing is, im not sure which to upgrade first and what to buy. Should i replace that piece of s*** silvertone amp first, or just buy a new guitar, and if so, which amps and/or guitars would you reccomend? Any comments are appreciated
what kind of music do you listen to
Quote by iloveboobs99
what im a pig bcuz i like boobs. Ok who here like boobs! just wonderin. i do

Quote by Shoestick
Never has there been a time more in need of a smiley that pops a boner.

tee hee

check this out 4 real
I suggest a new amp, as amps make a huge difference to your tone.

What kind of music do you play and how much have you got to spend?

I've been playing for 4 years, like you, and I'm considering a Marshall AVT150 combo. It's big, loud enough for gigs, super versatile and sounds great. Although some might say it's overpriced, I think it's a great amp.

The Peavey Valveking is great if you want an all-valve amp. It sounds great and has really high gain for HEAVY METAL if you need it.

It really depends on the music you play and your budget.
well, i listen to mostly new rock/metal such a thrice, SOAD, three days grace, seether, etc. and i enjoy playing fall out boy...moslty because they have no talent and its satisfying to get a song down perfect, i dont have much now, but im saving up for w/e...for an amp prolly less than 200, and that looks like what im goin for, what about a roland cube or somthing like that?

i dont gig as of now, so i just need a small amp with plenty of effects.

another question, could somone explain what an amp footswitch it? can i use it to swtich between all the effects on the amp or what? i apologize for my ignorance
Upgrade the amp first...a good amp can make a crappy guitar sound good, but a good guitar can't make a crappy amp sound good... I can't make any reccomendations, though...I'm in love with my AD50VT.
Quote by tormentedshame
well, i listen to mostly new rock/metal such a thrice, SOAD, three days grace, seether, etc. and i enjoy playing fall out boy...moslty because they have no talent and its satisfying to get a song down perfect, i dont have much now, but im saving up for w/e...for an amp prolly less than 200, and that looks like what im goin for, what about a roland cube or somthing like that?

i dont gig as of now, so i just need a small amp with plenty of effects.

another question, could somone explain what an amp footswitch it? can i use it to swtich between all the effects on the amp or what? i apologize for my ignorance

Spend more time challenging yourself, you don't gig anyways.
As for the amp, check out Roland Cube series.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?