Playing with four fingers on the right hand.? Any experiances advice help ect.......
Last edited by V333 at Sep 16, 2006,
Which hand are we talking about? If we're talking about your "picking" hand, then I'd just say to get some different excercises to work you pinky and ring finger a bit more.
My teacher tried to get me to pick/pluck with all 4 of my fingers... it's pretty hard to get a hold of when you've already been playing for a long time with just 2 fingers. IMO it's not very neccesary. If you just work to build speed the normal way you'll get the same results.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
If your talking about four fingers on your picking hand, I'd suggest playing songs you alredy know with your ring anf pinky finger (assuming you use the first 2 fingers). If your talking about your fretting hand, playing scales with all four fingers helps a lot.
If we're talking picking/plucking, four fingers is overdoing it. You'll almost certainly never need more than three. As for fretting, I wouldn't even considering learning with only three fingers.
If we're talkinga bout plucking hand its not necassary unless your slapping and popping imo. I pop wiht my ring and pinky and keep my index and middle free for plucking after the pops. I cant even use my pinky unless i'm slapping. I'ts barely more htan half as long as my ring. I broke it as a kid so its really short.
well...from trying endlessly to do this, pick with four fingers, i cant do it....but ive seen it first hand...when perfected...it makes a nice "roll" effect, as i call it...it remids me of a drum roll...when only fretting one note....now changing the notes...who knows the possibilites
This statement is false.
for the picking hand i only pluck with my index and niddle finger, and sometimes the ring finger if i need to do a really fast rin, but it usually try to do it with just two, i genneraly use my ring and pinky fingers for popping and/or muting.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm