How does kirk play the MOP solo? does he use alternate picking? I refuse to believe that anyone can downpick as fast as that..
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
I mean on the part after the -------17p12-------------17p12-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------12----------------12-----------------------------------

where he goes-----19--19--17--17--17--17--15--15--15--15--14 Is this done with alternate picking?
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Yeah...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
if you think thats fast you got another thing comin...

youtube: johnpetrucci. micheal angelo batio, rusty cooley, frank gambale, steve vai, paul gilbert ..

that is all
Quote by godofshred
if you think thats fast you got another thing comin...

youtube: johnpetrucci. micheal angelo batio, rusty cooley, frank gambale, steve vai, paul gilbert ..

that is all

And Francesco Fareri.

And yeah the MOP part is tremolo picking.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
with his teeth, silly ^^
aheh, enough spam.
May I use the thread to ask another MoP related question?
How should I pick the ascending part after they finish the solo?
I'm talking about that bit:

D---------------2 4 5
A--------2 3 5
E-2 3 5

I kinda find it easier with down picking, but I'm not sure if it's truly correct.
That god damned uncertainity of the self-taught one..
he tremelo picks it all still kick ass solo.

Michael angelo batio is a fag and rusty cooley also. Steve and Paul are the ****!!
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
The first solo is all downpicked (I think James played it). The second one is just, uh, normal.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I have a Metallica question but it's not from MoP. How does Kirk do that tremolo part in Fade to Black? I can't figure it out at all.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Can you be more specific? In which moment of the song does that occure? I can't remember of any tremolo picking parts in FTB. The intro solo is mostly alt picked, the second one is all downpicked and the outro solo is a mixture of alt picked melodic patterns and Kirk's signature awkwardly fingered arpeggios which I haven't practiced seriously, but I suppose they are either alt or sweep picked.
Playing Metallica really helps to get the basic picking, rhythm and soloing techniques down. Way to go!
The part that's faster than all the others in the FTB intro solo. it's like... Do do dododoloo do do doloo do do doloo dooooo--- do do do
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
um okay?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by IXI Streak IXI
The part that's faster than all the others in the FTB intro solo. it's like... Do do dododoloo do do doloo do do doloo dooooo--- do do do

As for the acsending part in MOP the whole song is downpicked including that. With a little practice it's super easy.
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...