over the head works best, as in with the neck of the guitar against your neck. but i agree it is stupid
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I don't, but a friend of mine puts the guitar on backwards, so that he is fretting it with his right hand behind his back. I hope that helps.
Would you die for Dethklok? I know I would. PM me... If you've got the balls.
I don't see why people feel the need to play behind their backs to show off. Why don't you let the music you're playing show off for you?
just put the guitar strap over your left arm only and then you can move it back and forth pretty easily

plus that way you can still see your left hand for fretting if you need to
My friend could play Enter Sandman behind his back. He puts it behind his entire body. As if, the guitar is resting on his ass and not his crotch.
Sent from my iPad.
It makes you look like a twat imho.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Play the guitar, belly down on the ground, holding yourself up with your head --->> Sooo much cooler than playing behind your back!
The thread starter asked HOW to play the guitar behind your head. He didnt ask for your opinions on wether it is gay to play it behid ur head or not. Keep it to yourself next time kids.
Goo Goo G'Joob
the only person who has really done it and not looked a twat was SRV but he was in his element when doing it.
i was like i wish i could play like he does behind his back normally

so unless you can do this, dont

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1XM9N1Gjw4

but if you must place the strap only on left shoulder if your right handed or vice versa and swing the guitar round your back from the left , look at the vid that should help.

i can do what srv does there but no where near as good then i realised i just looked a dick so stopped.
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Last edited by srvman at Sep 18, 2006,
Quote by spitfyr36
just put the guitar strap over your left arm only and then you can move it back and forth pretty easily

plus that way you can still see your left hand for fretting if you need to

Any decent guitarist doesn't need to constantly stare at his fretting hand.