Does it exist? I have an Ibanez rgt42dx and i'm lookin for a tube amp that gives metal tones. Know any? My price range is about 600.
Last edited by Ibanez_RGT at Sep 16, 2006,
Be more specific if you don't want to fail.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
peavey 6505, period.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
peavey 6505, period.

yea he'll get one for 600.

To answer you question simply, no there's no real high gainl tube amp for that price. You might run into a nice deal on the bay or locally, but new and slightly used you won't find anything worth the money.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
for 600 nothing, save and get a framus cobra stack
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by malmsteenkid
for 600 nothing, save and get a framus cobra stack

your so ****ing stupid..honestly...thats like tellin someone whos asking for advice on 2 15watt ss practice amps to buy a dual rec..honestly dont even answer
awww d_byrne23 well thanx for comin to the thread a givin some good solid advice for the threadstarter, im sure him finding out im ****ing stupid helped out alot, much more than my post really, ur cute when ur gay!
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
And your a Sep 06'er... Pitiful.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
ummm yea that makes good sense because the quality of one's own knowledge is def based on the month year he joined a website, u should go the way of steve irwin my good sir
^ dude. honestly. stop. youre not as cool as you think you are.

And everyone else. Dont encourage a flame fest here.

TS, save a bit more and go the 5150/6505 route. Its a great amp.
thank you azn and kurt..anyways yeah agreed..check out a used 5150, I always see them kickin around..if not try maybe a ashdown fallen angel 40 watt combo (699 i think), used peavey xxx, etc..
God, just felt hyper for 5 min and you guys are already angry... (geez...)

Anyways, also consider Randall RG50TC, B-52 AT series, or a used ENGL combo if you live in Europe.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
^Not if you buy used. And Blues Jr's go for $400 new.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
And your a Sep 06'er... Pitiful.

And your a June 06'er... not much better.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
^Indeed.

EDIT: I registered in Jun... but I visited the forums since Feb/Mar, I just felt lazy to make an account
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Sep 16, 2006,
Thats cool man, i just think its stupid how people are like "yeah well your a Sept 06er so you suck and have no value or opinion and your a dumbass who doesnt know **** about anything".
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
its not so much that the kid registered so recently, its just he lived up to the newb stereotype, hes new here, and he recommended a framus cobra in a budget revolving around 600 dollars..thats kinda you know whatever..no biggy, but still..

EDIT: recommended savig for a framus, which is obv way more then double 600..so obv it wasnt an educated opinion..no worries though..lets let it go
Actually, you are right, that kid is a ****ing dumbass, i just think that the whole hate on new users is stupid, but with cases like that kid your right.
you guys are sweet for caring, ill be sure to be alot more careful next time i try to tell someone to "save up" and buy an amp, i mean what was i thinking, ur right his budget was $600 and for a tube amp that blows for spending cash for a tube head, but if he DID SAVE UP more cash, dinero, etc... he could buy a better amp, would u feel better as u rest ur head on ur **** shaped pillow tonight if i told him to get a hughes and kettner trilogy tube head used. sry for the inconvenience ill try harder next time. im glad u guys are here to make sure we Sept 06ers are kept in line. i wouldnt kno wut to do without u guys. i mean i would have never learned the word "noob" if it werent for u fukin intelligent pre-Sept 06ers.
stretch your budget and try to pick up a JCM900. I got my 212 combo for $650
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by malmsteenkid
you guys are sweet for caring, ill be sure to be alot more careful next time i try to tell someone to "save up" and buy an amp, i mean what was i thinking, ur right his budget was $600 and for a tube amp that blows for spending cash for a tube head, but if he DID SAVE UP more cash, dinero, etc... he could buy a better amp, would u feel better as u rest ur head on ur **** shaped pillow tonight if i told him to get a hughes and kettner trilogy tube head used. sry for the inconvenience ill try harder next time. im glad u guys are here to make sure we Sept 06ers are kept in line. i wouldnt kno wut to do without u guys. i mean i would have never learned the word "noob" if it werent for u fukin intelligent pre-Sept 06ers.

It's not the fact that your an ass, it's the fact that you still don't get it. Budget of 600 bucks, not 2000-2500 for a 100watt half stack, 600. You don't know ANYTHING about this person, he might be 15 and not have a job and has saved for two years to get that 600. Point is, you don't know if it's even probable for this person that stated their budget to save up for a Framus Cobra. Please, just think before you Unleash The F00king Stupid on us all
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by malmsteenkid

lmao hes still trying to start shit. Bro, cant you just let it go? Jeez everyone else has...dont embarass yourself now.

It really doesnt matter when one joins. Obviously, the sad truth is, when your post count is low you dont have much say in anything...which is kind of stupid to me...but oh well. Whats the difference between 2,000 posts and 20 if the 20 posts are valid and helpful? But mostly the 20 posts are pointless lol.

If when you joined is a big deal then...I guess I beat most lol. Plus Ive been through the Forum Wars, been banned, unbanned, and seen the resolution of the Forum Wars. Damn dude...I should get a medal!

Anyways, I have no idea what that had to do with anything...the point is mr. malmsteenkid... stfu.
ha ha. i got like 2700 posts or something and nearly all are helpful. 'cept for the 500 or so pit posts.

but i'll recommend a 2nd hand DSL401.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Woops, I forgot to say I would either dig for a used Peavy 5150 or XXX combo on Ebay or check out the DSL.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I just bought an ENGL yesterday and I must say; WOW! The cleans are so Fender-like but with a little more bite and the amp's distortion has a very tight distortion that really kicksass for rock and metal, and if that isn't high gain enough for you, you can boost it to get high-gain lead tone. I bought the Thunder Reverb (the smallest one in the ENGL family I think) it cost me around 900-1000 euro's including Footswitch, that'll be twice your budget but there may be a chance that you can pick one up for half the price 2nd hand. So if you accidentally come across a 2nd hand ENGL that's around your budget, GET IT!

I would always avoid Marshalls.. They just suck balls most of the time, the cleans don't "live up" enough and the overdrive is way too mid. I don't know what your type of metal is but if you like scooped mids then maybe a 2nd DSL401 may do the job for you like joel recommended. Otherwise, avoid marshalls.

Overall I'd recommend to take a look into 2nd hand amps (there aren't many other options.. unless you can get a Traynor amp and somehow turn it into a marvelous metal amp, though I have heard that Traynor's have a bit of the "marshall" sound)
Quote by Aetius
I just bought an ENGL yesterday and I must say; WOW! The cleans are so Fender-like but with a little more bite and the amp's distortion has a very tight distortion that really kicksass for rock and metal, and if that isn't high gain enough for you, you can boost it to get high-gain lead tone. I bought the Thunder Reverb (the smallest one in the ENGL family I think) it cost me around 900-1000 euro's including Footswitch, that'll be twice your budget but there may be a chance that you can pick one up for half the price 2nd hand. So if you accidentally come across a 2nd hand ENGL that's around your budget, GET IT!

I would always avoid Marshalls.. They just suck balls most of the time, the cleans don't "live up" enough and the overdrive is way too mid. I don't know what your type of metal is but if you like scooped mids then maybe a 2nd DSL401 may do the job for you like joel recommended. Otherwise, avoid marshalls.

Overall I'd recommend to take a look into 2nd hand amps (there aren't many other options.. unless you can get a Traynor amp and somehow turn it into a marvelous metal amp, though I have heard that Traynor's have a bit of the "marshall" sound)

Engls are great... I wanted one... But too out of my price range D:

You should do some clips for the UG Clips thread...
Engl e530 + small tube combo w/ effects loop =700 least

ADA MP2 + ' '=600

be a smart shopper and you can do just about anything - ie, i made a rack with tube preamp, pro effects, and power amp, for 250 dollars USD using ebay (not my rack, someone else's)
-Mike
Quote by malmsteenkid

Your an ass. Leave.

Anyways, man you'll definately have to save up if you want a new good high gain tube amp. But as the other guys, check out a used 5150, or maybe something a bit more pricy like a DSL401, its a decent little combo that can get some decent metal tones.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
600 dollars ??

you ain't gettin' **** with that money.

1500 should oughta do it.

6505+ stack. FTW
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

Quote by Jetty
600 dollars ??

you ain't gettin' **** with that money.

1500 should oughta do it.

6505+ stack. FTW

another gaytard...honestly NEW he probly wont get anything special, but ive seen piles of 5150 combos go for under that on ebay, so dont be so narrow minded with your opinions..
NEW he could get an:

-Ashdown Fallen Angel
-(small tube amp, check carvin) plus Damage Control Unit
-Hasserl modded Carvin vintage series

...and more

USED, a whole new world opens up

look for

-old engls (especially the tube toner)
-Haflter Triple Giant
-carvins (old Quad preamp is great)
-consisting of ADA preamps/poweramps
-Peavey classic poweramps come damn cheap
-items in need of repair (can be a gamble)

etc. etc. i can't name every good find, but there are a lot

Don't tell him he needs to save up when you just don't know how to find equipment.
-Mike