So I'm left handed, and I play guitar. I'm tired of playing on the "starter pack" axe I got a while ago, and I'm looking to invest in a new guitar.

I'm trying to find one that's under $500 bucks. However, while there are a fair number of lefty electric guitars, there are almost none I like.

I don't want a Fender or a Gibson, I don't like that style. Models I'm interested in are the B.C. Rich Warlock, the ESP AX series, and the Ibanez Iceman.

And, needless to say, I can't find these guitars ANYWHERE. My local stores have maybe 2 or 3 lefties, and they all cost moolah out the ass. Online I've had little success. I've managed to find a lefty Warlock, but if I can find something less expensive, I'd be very happy.

Does anyone know where I could find a good-looking, good-quality lefty axe?
Master of Puppies
Those are pretty much all of the ugliest guitars. But one of the curvier bc rich's could be cool.
After a quick check i couldn't find any either, at least, not the ones you named
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
Last edited by mikb at Sep 16, 2006,
BCRiches arent good guitars, the problem is you dont have enough money to make a serious prgression from your starter guitar.
Im a lefty and thats also my price range, I really liked the Jackson Dinky Pro Series 2 or you can go with an rg model.
'J'adore ah les femmes', yeah I love my riches, 'bonjour' money and 'au revoir' bitches
schecter has got a lot of lefties i think..... if u like schecter that is
Yes, Schecter has quite a bit of lefties. I have a C-1 Classic myself. Being a lefty, I understand your frustration. It just takes a lot of searching through companies' websites and catalogs at guitar stores. I know Dean has quite a few lefties, including their ML. (If you're going for that look) Ibanez has a lot as well. Generally, you're going to pay $50-$100 more on a left-handed model v a righty. I don't know why...maybe they have to switch some machine over to lefty mode or something. lol
Yes, Schecter has quite a bit of lefties. I have a C-1 Classic myself. Being a lefty, I understand your frustration. It just takes a lot of searching through companies' websites and catalogs at guitar stores. I know Dean has quite a few lefties, including their ML. (If you're going for that look) Ibanez has a lot as well. Generally, you're going to pay $50-$100 more on a left-handed model v a righty. I don't know why...maybe they have to switch some machine over to lefty mode or something. lol

LEss demand, so they sell the guitars for more to keep making profit.
Quote by chobbsy
BCRiches arent good guitars, the problem is you dont have enough money to make a serious prgression from your starter guitar.

Well, how much money would a serious progression require?

Quote by kitfoo

Ibanez has a lot? As far as I've seen, they only have two or three. Where are you finding these?
Master of Puppies
i know other models of esp/ltd carry lefties, like the viper series go for a viper 400
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
humm it depends on the kind of guitar you want, i'm probably going to reccomend saving up, say, a thousand bucks, this way you'll get a good guitar and its tone will last you.
Quote by malmsteenkid
i know other models of esp/ltd carry lefties, like the viper series go for a viper 400
The Vipers are alright, but I'm looking for something more evil. Yeah, I know, music isn't about the image. I don't care.

Quote by chobbsy
humm it depends on the kind of guitar you want, i'm probably going to reccomend saving up, say, a thousand bucks, this way you'll get a good guitar and its tone will last you.
Hmm... what, say, would $1000 buy me?
Master of Puppies
well bc riches are evil looking guitars imo but heard they are of crappy quality, maybe look at Dean guitars, im not sure wut they carry lefty but couldnt hurt to look
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by chobbsy
LEss demand, so they sell the guitars for more to keep making profit.

actually i know for a fact that one of the shops in aus has been dealing with schecter have gotten pissed off at them about their left hand models some of them took way to long to reach us nearly 16 months thats that shop had stopped selling left hand schecters
Quote by malmsteenkid
well bc riches are evil looking guitars imo but heard they are of crappy quality, maybe look at Dean guitars, im not sure wut they carry lefty but couldnt hurt to look
I actually am looking at some Deans, the MLX Lefty is really interesting to me, mainly because it's not too much money and it seems like a fairly good quality low-end guitar.
Master of Puppies
i own a left handed mlx, and its never dont me wrong. fit and finish is excellent. the pickups that come in them are ok, but you wont go wrong switching them for some emg's. nice and easy to play, not nearly as heavy as you would expect. plus its basswood, which gives a nice alround sound. and it sustains forever