is a 40 watt solid stat gonna be loud enough to play with drums? an is it loud enough for let's say a gig with about 75 people?

thanx ahead.
ya it's loud enough but a tube amp would be so much better
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
hardly enough, depends on how big the venue is. But most likely you'll be running at full power and it will sound like ass.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
do you guys mean it'll sound like crap just for the gig or even when i play with a drummer?
well solid state amps suck when turned up loud as they begin to "Un-naturally distort" and generally sound wank.
well then can you guys suggest some loud enough tube amp thats not to pricey?($300-$350)
I ahd a 65 wat solid state, and with my band, I had to crank it up, and it sounded like **** on a twig dangling in the wind.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
ok i get the point it'll sound like crap. but can any one tell me a good amp thats in my pric range?
I'd suggest saving up a little more money and getting a decent 50 watt tube amp or so. It'll be longer to egt a new amp, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by Dirk Gently
I think you should be fine.

Fight the power!

It depends how loud your drummer is and what kind of room you're playing in.

If it's a small village hall type thing you should be okay.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Fight the power!

It depends how loud your drummer is and what kind of room you're playing in.

If it's a small village hall type thing you should be okay.

Damn straight. I've played with a drummer in a solid concrete basement, sound bouncing everywhere, with my amp in 30 watt mode (granted its a tube amp) with the master volume on 2.5-3. As long as you don't dime the amp, you should really be fine. It's retarded when someone's asking for easy advice to give and everyone's like "your gear sucks, get something else!" Not everyone has the luxury of treating their parents like cash machines
Hi, I'm Peter
I dont treat my parents like cash machines, I got a job and worked for my JSX

But I see what you're getting at lol.

Quote by RadioHead22
Yeah i'm broke too. But yeah save and get a used 50 watt tube amp. It wil sound much better and we'll be much louder. I've seen some peavey valveking combos go really cheap on ebay.
Been in your shoes, my friend. Try an empirical experiment. You must be in school, yet. You get along with your physical education teachers? Ask them if some day when classes are out for the day, and there are no practices scheduled for any sport, if they'll let you set up in the gym, and "give er". You'll need to coordinate that with whoever transports you, and be sure to store it in a secure office so it doesn't become someones spending money. That'll let you test it's performance under hall conditions, and increase your cool factor standing with anyone in ear shot. I think any teacher would agree to this experiment.
Are you willing to go used?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
What type of amp? Some small SS amps sound fine when they're pushed hard

I.e. Hiwatt Bulldog 30's, Randall RG75's

I'm not sure if your talking US or CDN funds, either way, you might be able to get a Traynor YCV20 (Get the YCV20WR if you can)

That should give you plenty of power, and it will sound good at higher volumes
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000