well don't get me wrong i can play guitar, but i got this new acoustic and the way the strings are set up these white studs are holding them in like most acoustics have, so i was wondering what's a easy way to take them out without damaging anything?
at the bridge you need something to help the white studs out i think, check before you try though.
you take the white studs out put the strnigs in and put the studs back in and make sure the groove is holding the string in place
Just un-wind them off llike usual. Then pull out the little studs holding the strings in at the bottom. Plyers work pretty good for that. And when you re string it back up, put the studs back where they were. Its pretty easy.Or just check this page out.

http://www.guitarchordsmagic.com/how-to-string-a-guitar.html
Im not sorry that i cant be like the rest of you.....
the low E string's stud is half out but it won't come out and everything i'm doing is shaving that stud! so i tried to just pull on it and the damn string uncoiled on me!
push the strings into the hole that the stud is in a little and they should just slip right out. don't use a whole lot of force, the top of an acustis isnt that thick.
To be one of a few honest people here... go to the store and buy the little 1 dollor device known as a Jim Dunlop String Winder, make sure on the rectanglerish shape at the bottom, it has a small "arch" in it... that is what you put under the head of the knobs at the bride of your accustic. And then just GENTLY, but with enough force, pull (not pry) them out. Then just stick the ball end of the string down in there, and GENTLY (but with enough force) place the plugs back in, then push as hard as you can, with all gentleness ... as you would treat a woman, without going tooo far in on the heads with the blunt side of the winder. JUST BE CAREFUL AS YOU CAN BE, accustic's aren't the thickest things in the world . Then string up as normal.

Though, there are more expensive string winders out there with various types of rubber on them. You may want to opt for one of those, they will last you MUCH longer through the years... the jim dunlop $1 plastic ones come right apart (as their ment to do somewhat)... Jim Dunlop's high end ones will last you a LONG time, and will do MUCH less damage to your guitars through the years (the plastic ones are kinda sharp, which can scratch and mar your plugs and tuning machines).
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Sep 16, 2006,
To be one of a few honest people here... go to the store and buy the little 1 dollor device known as a Jim Dunlop String Winder, make sure on the rectanglerish shape at the bottom

Yeah thats what i menat bythe thigng to loosen the pegs, i cudnt think of the name :P
Quote by chobbsy
Yeah thats what i menat bythe thigng to loosen the pegs, i cudnt think of the name :P

learn how to type first...and then get a string winder
hehe. Well... with so many on here that would love to see other people injure or kill their guitars, I and a few others on here (like you chobbsy) have to make sure these people don't listen to much of the fodder that ends up on the forums.

To the Thread Starter. You may want to learn how to use the search function. There's a search field at the top for a VERY good reason. Not to be rude, or anything. But thats a large reason why you got so many posts telling you things that would harm your guitar. This has probably, without dramatization, been asked a MILLION times over the years . You may also want to read the "how to restring your guitar" type thread at the top of this forum. It may be long, but you will find it VERY insiteful... even if you only have one or 2 of the types of guitars mensioned in it.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Sep 16, 2006,
if you dont have a pin puller/wire cutter, then use a teaspoon as a lever.

u put the edge of the bowl part under the pin lip, press down on the spoon handle and push up the pin.

sometimes pins get stuck halfway up, when the string gets wedged between the pin and the hole edge.
so if u push on the string, it might unstick and the pin might work free on its own.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011