Poll: YCV50BLUE or DeVille 410?
Poll Options
View poll results: YCV50BLUE or DeVille 410?
Traynor YCV50BLUE
22 85%
Fender DeVille 410
4 15%
Voters: 26.
I've been stuck on buying a 50 watt tube for quite some time now. I'm going to Guitar Center and a local guitar shop soon to try out some amps. So if you have other suggestions, its fine too. I'm a rhythm guitar player for a classic rock band, and I'm vocalist also. I DO NOT play any metal though. I don't know a what mic to get either . I'm thinking about a Shure SM58/57 for the mic, but I'm much more worried about the amp. Thanks for reading and/or posting.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Last edited by Dilweed at Sep 16, 2006,
I've been thinking about getting a Deville 410 as well. It's actually a 60W. Interested what people have to say about it...
Quote by makeitcrynsing
I've been thinking about getting a Deville 410 as well. It's actually a 60W. Interested what people have to say about it...

Yep, and its good for classic rock. Has a great clean sound, but it has really bad overdrive, but it doesn't matter, I'm getting TS-9 mod regardless.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Well i think the Traynor is better, its gonan have enough gain for shred and gonan work great for classic rock!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well i think the Traynor is better, its gonan have enough gain for shred and gonan work great for classic rock!

/\ And its pretty cheap here in the U.S. . And the overdrive channel is much better than that of the DeVille, it probably won't have as good cleans though .
Quote by FireandFlames
^Yeah, but i doubt it will have horrible cleans, the Fender has great cleans, but suffers in the OD department!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
^Yeah, but i doubt it will have horrible cleans, the Fender has great cleans, but suffers in the OD department!

True on both statements.
Quote by FireandFlames
If anyone else knows some good amps, I'll need to know now, because its 11pm here and I can't get on in the morning, going directly to Guitar Center (not buying anything yet though). As well as a mic, but keep voting for the DeVille and YCV50.

Quote by FireandFlames
Last edited by Dilweed at Sep 16, 2006,
get the deville 212
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by The_Clap
get the deville 212

Over the 410? I hear the 410 sounds more bunchy with better distribution than the 212. I suppose I could try it though....
Quote by FireandFlames
Quote by Gabel

I've played both, and I prefer the cleans on the YCV.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
unless you wanna replace the sspeakers and put 2 with summin and 2 with summin else with the bass man i like the 12 inches i got one with a jenson and a tone tubby
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by The_Clap
unless you wanna replace the sspeakers and put 2 with summin and 2 with summin else with the bass man i like the 12 inches i got one with a jenson and a tone tubby

Wait...the 410 is all tube...isn't it?
Quote by FireandFlames
Quote by Archeo Avis
I've played both, and I prefer the cleans on the YCV.

Seriously?!?! It's gonna be hard to beat the cleans on a DeVille....
Quote by FireandFlames
What about the YCV40WR? It's a good mix of both amps. Awesome clean channel and good overdrive. A better clean then the YCV50.
Quote by keeponrockin
What about the YCV40WR? It's a good mix of both amps. Awesome clean channel and good overdrive. A better clean then the YCV50.

Yeah, but it doesn't have a vintage 30...and I'd rather something with 50+ watts.
Quote by FireandFlames
Quote by llanafreak44
for some reason, when i think of shred, i think of metal. Maybe its just me. But id get the Traynor

/\ Oddly enough, I used to also. I'm more on the traynor side as well . But when I heard Eric Johnson, I didn't think metal as shred anymore :p.
Quote by FireandFlames
I've fallen in love with ENGL cleans and their overdrive sounds. It's not very hard to get a very nice clean sound out of ENGLs, think Mark Knopfler's tone in Sultans of Swing, think ENGL cleans.. Yesterday I bought my Thunder 50 Reverb and while I wasplaying on it I tried to get a nice tone and was surprised that I could get 99% of Knopfler's tone using my Ibanez JS with coiltap (gives a strat sound). ENGL is usually referred to if you want brutal distortion and is usually recommended for anything but blues/jazz or classic rock. Dont fool yourself, it has very nice cleans and can have a very mild overdrive if you desire. Test one out and see ifyou like it's clean channel. However a Marshall JTM-45 or JTM-60 (cant recall which one it was) will have great cleans as well, Fender-like. It's just that the JTM's overdrive really isn't that nice, the speaker in the JTM is voiced for cleans.

If you dont like any of those, then a Vox AC-30 will be an excellent choice, it has very nice cleans but are a bit too vintage for my liking.
if you can, try out a Peavey Classic 50 410.
Great cleans, rocking distortion.

I've never tried the Traynor or the DeVille though, so I'm only suggesting another option.
410>212

That's all I have to offer, sorry. Haven't played the Traynor.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by Aetius
However a Marshall JTM-45 or JTM-60 (cant recall which one it was) will have great cleans as well, Fender-like. It's just that the JTM's overdrive really isn't that nice, the speaker in the JTM is voiced for cleans.

The JTM 45 is what you mean, which is basscily a Bassman. The JTM45 has nice overdrive IMO (the bluesbreaker i tried did, which is a JTM45 in combo form) and Angus uses a JTM45 for all of his recordings!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Dilweed
Yeah, but it doesn't have a vintage 30...and I'd rather something with 50+ watts.

Actually, the YCV40WR has a Vintage 30

The cleans are very nice on the Traynor, but they will distort alot faster then the Deville. With regards to the Deville, I've heard the 2x12 and the 4x10 Deville's and I prefer the 2x12. It seems to have a better overdrive tone then the 4x10
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Quote by Apok
Actually, the YCV40WR has a Vintage 30

The cleans are very nice on the Traynor, but they will distort alot faster then the Deville. With regards to the Deville, I've heard the 2x12 and the 4x10 Deville's and I prefer the 2x12. It seems to have a better overdrive tone then the 4x10

If I got a Fender, I probably wouldn't even use the overdrive, I hear such bad things about it... But, I didn't know the YCV40 has a Vintage 30.
Quote by FireandFlames
And I didn't get to visit Guitar Center today, I might be able to tomorrow, but I'm unsure for now.
Quote by FireandFlames
Quote by Aetius
I've fallen in love with ENGL cleans and their overdrive sounds. It's not very hard to get a very nice clean sound out of ENGLs, think Mark Knopfler's tone in Sultans of Swing, think ENGL cleans.. Yesterday I bought my Thunder 50 Reverb and while I wasplaying on it I tried to get a nice tone and was surprised that I could get 99% of Knopfler's tone using my Ibanez JS with coiltap (gives a strat sound). ENGL is usually referred to if you want brutal distortion and is usually recommended for anything but blues/jazz or classic rock. Dont fool yourself, it has very nice cleans and can have a very mild overdrive if you desire. Test one out and see ifyou like it's clean channel. However a Marshall JTM-45 or JTM-60 (cant recall which one it was) will have great cleans as well, Fender-like. It's just that the JTM's overdrive really isn't that nice, the speaker in the JTM is voiced for cleans.

If you dont like any of those, then a Vox AC-30 will be an excellent choice, it has very nice cleans but are a bit too vintage for my liking.

I love ENGL's, my neighbor had one at a point (he had a Screamer 50 though) and they are GREAT! But, for even the Thunder 50 Reverb, its out of my price range.
Quote by FireandFlames