When you have a low-B on the 5-string, it can get real floppy on a standard 34" scle neck. 35" helps mantain the tension and 'snap' to the string.

Don't get the 34" scale versions unless you put on thick strings to counter the tension problem.

EDIT: ^ I disagree. I have played both 34" and 35" and the loose B really pisses me off on the 34".
LOOK AT HOW RIDICULOUS AND UNBELIEVABLY ANNOYING LARGE SIGNATURES ARE. DON'T BE A JERK - MAKE YOUR SIGNATURE SHORT
- the_dasonator
^i was pretty sure the sr505 has a 35" scale. Maybe i'm just being silly. yeah i don't like really floppy strings.
My SR505 has a VERY tight B string. No problems. Go for it watchingmefall!

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Well if it has 34 definitely go for it. It has a great b string. I prefer sr 506 oh. I hate odd numbers of strings. *shrugs*
Although at the moment i'm a four stringer, i certainly can't wait to get my five string fender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****bass
you know he died right???

wtf?!?!?
when?

^_^
my five string is acctually a 33 inch scale 0.o o.0

and the b is quite floppy but not to the extreme im sure the 35 inch would make the B alot better and i like ibanez basses there nice so id go for that
Yeah, B strings nice on the 505, and besides, i dont think i can make do with a 35" scale 5 stringer, cause i do some songs (like Scarified) that require big stretches quickly in the first 7 frets, and i cant afford making the stretch EVEN bigger.