Heyho,

I've recently bought a Boss Metal Zone and now I'd like to upgrade it with the Twilight Zone Mod. Unfortunatly I live in Germany, so the shipping would be around 40-50?. I've also heared that Keeley's way overpriced.
There was a guy on a forum who said that he has a manual/tutorial with the schematics and the parts that you need to do it yourself, but that forum is lost now. So does anyone of you have something like that? I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
Quote by Philipp Sobecki
Heyho,

I've recently bought a Boss Metal Zone and now I'd like to upgrade it with the Twilight Zone Mod. Unfortunatly I live in Germany, so the shipping would be around 40-50?. I've also heared that Keeley's way overpriced.
There was a guy on a forum who said that he has a manual/tutorial with the schematics and the parts that you need to do it yourself, but that forum is lost now. So does anyone of you have something like that? I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you

Get in touch with me at hangar18sounds@gmail.com.

If you want, I can send you instructions and a parts list for something pretty similar to the Keeley MT-2 mod - in some ways better.

If not, you can always send me the pedal (to the UK) so I can mod it...there are various things I can do to a Boss pedal, from the Keeley-style stuff to modifying it for an external power supply and a 12AX7 tube gain stage inside the space where the battery was \m/
Quote by jonny 2bags
Hitler probably played a cheap Hondo strat through a solid state 10 watt Ross amp and could'nt pull off a simple pentatonic scale to save his Reich.
Quote by the arisen
Get in touch with me at hangar18sounds@gmail.com.

If you want, I can send you instructions and a parts list for something pretty similar to the Keeley MT-2 mod - in some ways better.

If not, you can always send me the pedal (to the UK) so I can mod it...there are various things I can do to a Boss pedal, from the Keeley-style stuff to modifying it for an external power supply and a 12AX7 tube gain stage inside the space where the battery was \m/

Dude, how much would it cost for the 12AX7 mod? I live in the US
Quote by ESPjohn666
Dude, how much would it cost for the 12AX7 mod? I live in the US

Contact me @ catharsisfour@gmail.com.

Assuming you want me to send a new modded pedal (rather than me modding your pedal, which would cost a lot in shipping both ways), the cost would be...well, it would be CHEAPER to get one from Keeley :O £120 + shipping, which is $230. What can I say...new MT2s aren't cheap ($115, straight up) in the UK, combine that with mod parts, JJ 12AX7s and the exchange rate and you end up with a lot even before my cut.

My AX7 mod involves doing pretty much everything Keeley has (sorry, no 3 way switching - it doesn't do all that much anyway, the 3 tones are all available through normal pedal settings), in addition to replacing the op-amps (which he doesn't do), modifying the input circuitry for better bypass (still not TRUE bypass, but close) and then ripping the battery compartment out to install a 12AX7 running in starved-plate configuration for a dual gain stage. The thing has more gain than a standard MT-2, and far improved tone.
Quote by jonny 2bags
Hitler probably played a cheap Hondo strat through a solid state 10 watt Ross amp and could'nt pull off a simple pentatonic scale to save his Reich.