I didn't really know where to post this, but I just wanted to know what the scale(just the fingerings) for the solo in Time by Pink Floyd. And can't do the solo, but I can do the scale, of course, if I knew it.
Sorry about the "Scale of Time" thing. Didn't notice that. And aren't those chords, not scales? I have only been playing guitar for a little bit so I probably wouldn't know.
Gilmour uses a pentatonic scale a lot. So A major pentatonic and F# minor pentatonic are basically the same scale, just a different root. Seems like I tried to learn the solo once, and A major pentatonic/F# minor pentatonic seemed to fit.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Quote by aprescott_27
Gilmour uses a pentatonic scale a lot. So A major pentatonic and F# minor pentatonic are basically the same scale, just a different root. Seems like I tried to learn the solo once, and A major pentatonic/F# minor pentatonic seemed to fit.

I don't know about this paticular song because I've never tried to play it. But you're right F#minor is the relative minor to A major. They contain the same notes within the scales.
F# Minor Pentatonic, the Bridge part is mainly focused on the Maj3rd, and on Pulse he changes it slightly but still revolving around Amaj chord notes. If u learn this solo, u need to rele give it justice, its easy but isnt. The more u put into the more u get out. On youtube theres some car crash versions always worth looking at others mistakes to make sure u nail ceartain bits.

Anyway ur a man of Taste