Page 1 of 2
I need help deciding/i need your opinions on what brand/type of half stack to get...i play alot of avenged sevenfold, trivium, atreyu, Y. Malmsteen, Joe satriani, etc, i play alot of solos and lead so i need a great halfstack so i can get a b****in' sound. im willing to spend up to $3,000 on it. i was thinking about a Krank Revolution, but from all the reviews nobody likes it and thinks it sucks, i also thought about a mesa boogie dual rectifier...but now i just dont know whats great for what i need...any help would be appreciated..thanx
i have the dual rec, and i tried 10+ other half stacks and this one just stood out. it has the solo feature which i think is the best feature, and the 3 independant channels are great. i can get any sound i could possibly want from AC/DC to Avenged sevenfold to pantera and back again
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
okay...do you know any websites that actually carry mesa boogies? every where i look i cant find them...ive listened to sound clips of the mesa boogie dual rect. and i love the way they sound..i just cant find them..
Does anybody know what would be the best wireless system to get? I was thinking about the Samson Airline 77 UHF Guitar Wireless System with AG1 Transmitter for $249.00 but idk crap about wireless systems.
A Peavey JSX all the way. Itll suit what you need perfectly. Its great in all areas. And its within your budget.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
^ dude... Recto>>JSX imo.

Wireless systems can be...not a good idea with a rig like a Recto. Unless its a top top top of the line system anyways. Wireless systems always suck tone or make noise in some way or another.
with my recto i use a rackmounted sure that was 649.00, works great i cant really tell im wireless till i realize im not tripping or getting caught in my cable( i move alot). the dual recto is a solid choice, a jcm 800 2210 is another good option 2 channels, reverb, and you could get a good OD pedal to boast it for solos, its all preference, but since those arent in production i suggest sticking to the dual
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ dude... Recto>>JSX imo.

Wireless systems can be...not a good idea with a rig like a Recto. Unless its a top top top of the line system anyways. Wireless systems always suck tone or make noise in some way or another.

Yeah, Recto's are really picky about what goes into them.
I'm diggin the new avatar too.
Quote by Snowc0w
ok well..which is better a dual or triple rectifier?

same basic thing. The Triple just has more watts. So unless your rocking to 100000 people you wont need the triple unless you just want braggin rights
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
why do you need a half stack? why not a combo?

but anyways, i've heard good things about VHT's and also fuchs. i'd look into those as well
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by DunlopGuy
why do you need a half stack? why not a combo?

He might as well if he has that much dough.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ How do you like that JCM? Is that the dual reverb version?

yes it is the dual reverb!!! dude the JCM is sex. lacking in the clean department but tolerable. i might be buying a fender deville around income tax time for cleans if i feel the need. its gonna b sex dude!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I don't know how much these brands are in the US, but how about Framus or Soldano? The Soldano SLO is amazing as is the Framus cobra.

But, if you're buying a new amp and spending serious money like that, you must try out these amps first, don't just buy them on our reccomendation.
Quote by Snowc0w
ok well..which is better a dual or triple rectifier?

They put out the same exact sound. The only difference is 50watts and about 1.5dBs. I dont really know why on earth Mesa thought that a 150watt tube amp was a good idea. I mean...you cant push the power amp into natural distortion without blowing speakers. (but then again...you cant really do it with a Dual either..) All in all the Dual and the Triple are the same exact thing. So idk..
Don't not try Marshall half-stacks, as mentioned earlier, albeit off-topic, JCMs are...uhh...well "the sex"
Quote by Snowc0w
i was thinking about a Krank Revolution, but from all the reviews nobody likes it and thinks it sucks.

OMG WTF. i have a revolution head and IMO it beats the hell out of my bandmates triple rectifier
Quote by into the moat
OMG WTF. i have a revolution head and IMO it beats the hell out of my bandmates triple rectifier

I have no respect for you.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by into the moat

I was just sayin'...i was originally gonna buy a revolution head but then i asked some ppl about them and read a bunch of reviews..and most ppl agree that they suck..plus i played one and didnt like it that much.
Quote by into the moat
the mesa cab

well...not everybody buys the mesa cab..cuz it might not be the best sounding choice..so thats why i was asking for the public oppinion.
Definitely the Mesa cab....pairs perfectly, and the quality if amazing!

No Krank....no.....

In all honesty, if you have this much money, you should not base your choice on what some guys on a forum have to say. Some of us are very knowledgable, but in fact, all amps in this price range are good. At this point, it all comes down to preference. For me, though a bogner is sometimes said to be better than a recto (costs more too), I would never own a Bogner over my recto.

It is all preference at this point. Get out there and see what works for you!
I was just gettin my u dont need a half stack blah blah post ready that im used to saying, then i seen 3,000 lol..I also vote for mesa dual rec with mesa cab...
ok...originally i was going to buy a bogner uber but that was just to expensive..and my next choice was krank but ive read to many bad reviews and heard the horrible noise myself..and ive heard a mesa and thought it sounded WAAY better than the krank revolution..so..im gonna buy a rectifier.

Hey..ibanez4life SZ! how does that ISP Noise Decimator work for you?..ive tried the boss one and i didnt notice that much of a difference.
Quote by d_byrne23
I was just gettin my u dont need a half stack blah blah post ready that im used to saying, then i seen 3,000 lol..I also vote for mesa dual rec with mesa cab...

HAHA..ya..ive been planing on getting a half stack for a while now..and i finally have enough money saved up for a really nice one, cuz if your gonna get something you might as well just go for the best thing possible.
yeah your right there..and as far as the ISP decimator goes, out of all the noise supressors ive played pedal wise, the ISP is the best in my opinion..
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Definitely the Mesa cab....pairs perfectly, and the quality if amazing!

No Krank....no.....

In all honesty, if you have this much money, you should not base your choice on what some guys on a forum have to say. Some of us are very knowledgable, but in fact, all amps in this price range are good. At this point, it all comes down to preference. For me, though a bogner is sometimes said to be better than a recto (costs more too), I would never own a Bogner over my recto.

It is all preference at this point. Get out there and see what works for you!

Exactly. As with anything, at this point it all comes down to what works best for YOU.

Like if I was in the market to buy a car, and my budget was really really high, I wouldnt get online and be like 'hey, what should I get...a Lambo or a Lotus? Or maybe an old school Hummer...' ..etc.
Quote by Snowc0w
ok...originally i was going to buy a bogner uber but that was just to expensive..and my next choice was krank but ive read to many bad reviews and heard the horrible noise myself..and ive heard a mesa and thought it sounded WAAY better than the krank revolution..so..im gonna buy a rectifier.

If you love the rectifier, you should also try and play a Framus Cobra if you can find one. It's a darker voiced amp that reminds me lot of a Recto, just a little tighter lowend, and more marshally mid and high end IMO. Just something else to consider.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ how are the cleans in comparison to say a Mark series?

The mark series is warmer, less aggressive tone, almost a completely different tone.

FOr $3000 you could get a road king if your willing to spend a lot of time getting used to it. You could afford a Diezel Einstein as well.

Personally, I'd get a Mesa Triaxis, 2:100 power amp, power conditioner, and 2 Carvin V3 Cabinets (1 with V30s and one with teh GT12s)
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Page 1 of 2