hey guys, im gonna be headed to college soon, and i was wondering, should i get a smaller amp? cuz i mean, im not allowed to play loudly, and itd be a pain hauling around a big amp. plus, what's the use of having a big amp if you cant even play that loud.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Randall RG75DG3
===================
How to get better at guitar when you don't have one, or there isn't one around:

Quote by Invictious
Air guitar.

Masturbate.

how big is your amp? if its a half stack..I'd get a smaller amp. if not, im sure you can turn your volume down and still have some decent tone still
Originally posted by V12prowler
u could use a blowtorch and a fetus
If you are staying at a dorm, dont be bashful with your electronics. I showed up freshman year with a 13" TV because I thought there was a limit on size. The guy next door to me had a 55in projection in his room. I dont know which school you are headed off to but I only lived in a dorm 1 yr and then in apartments. I knew people that had half stacks but never really cranked them. Its amazing how much stuff fits into a small dorm room. Bring whatever the hell you want to bring and dont even think about being "considerate" or "accomodating" to your roommate or anyone else. You are going to have the time of your life in freshman dorms and you only get to live that experience one.

Only if I was a freshman again......

Good Luck to you.
ah thanks. i have a 75watt combo amp, about 50 lbs more or less. but sometimes, people complain and i may get kicked out =\
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Randall RG75DG3
===================
How to get better at guitar when you don't have one, or there isn't one around:

Quote by Invictious
Air guitar.

Masturbate.

Hmm, a 75 watt amp is a little to big. And do be considerate to your roommate. But get like a 30 watt or something like that. Maybe even less like a 20 or something. You can get some of those for like 100 bucks and still do the trick.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Yeah, get a small amp. You can have the time of your life without being a douchebag.
Hi, I'm Peter
...or you can get headphones...
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Get a Smokey Amp

They cost about 30 bucks CDN and they're killer little things

Built into a Ciggarette Box and run off a 9 volt...you can even use one to run a 4x12
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
You could just turn the volume down, if space really isn't a problem.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
you might wanna look at a roland micro cube there like 2 watts and sound extremely nice run for about 125$ check one out ton of amp effects and models
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
i just figured this out. go buy a audio converter kit from walmart. 10$ plug your comp speakers into your amp phones jack or line out jack from that. keeps good tone and bypasses the amp so you can have good sound.
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me