so the pickup i installed has a grounding wire from it....however its not long enough to reach the pot.....im sure you all can put together the pieces to figure out my problem...any way i can make the wire longer? soldering another type of wire to it or somehting? thanks
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
you dont need to soder it, you can just twist another wire into it as long as no other metal pieces are exposed near it. if so, electrical tape works wonders.
then do i solder that to thge pot to ground it?

Quote by Homer Simpson
yes! you've been sigged!!
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
yes! you've been sigged!!

haha...random :P

Quote by Homer Simpson
No, dont twist it around, solder it properly, you dont want to be getting any problems in the future. As for the ground wire, if you meant by "cant reach it", you could cut the rubber insulator a bit so that your ground and all your other wires can be spread more. But if your wires are short in a sense that, "its short", then you'd need to solder another wire to the ground wire to make it longer and then solder it to the back of your volume pot.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^bingo.
pick up some 20 gauge wire. (somewhere around there) comes in different colors at radio shack.

also pick up a packet of shrink wrap. u solder the wires and shrink the rubber insulation around the expossed wire.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ Cheapest and less hassling method is to just use an insulation tape . May not look charming but gets the job done...at least to me it does
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
alright, thanks guys

Quote by Homer Simpson