Do you mean the footswitch has two buttons but only one jack? If thats what you mean, you need a TRS cable to be able to use both buttons. They are also called Stereo cables, they are like regular cables but have two connectors (the ring part on the tip). You can get a cheap one fo rless than $10.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...