Hi guys I have a friend who is selling his simon and patrick pro flame maple for $400 and I need to know if it would be worth it to buy it (Has been used on stage for a long while but is in very good condition) Posts Appreciated
Last edited by Cory.Short at Sep 17, 2006,
Well, IMO that would depend on several factors.
A. What does one cost new?
B. What's the average price that one in simiiar condition sells for used? IMO eBay is a good place to find this info.
I use an formula that I have devised to help me.
With the knowledge that retail markup on guitars is usually about 100% (prehaps slightly less at MF or GC). We know that the factory sold the guitar for roughly HALF of the store price. But that doesn't mean that even a used guitar is worth 1/2 of the retail price, even tho that's likely the highest amount the store would give you if you tried to sell it back to them.
So I figure approx value on a used guitar in EX condition to be about 75-80% max of the new retail price. Of coarse lessor condition effects this negitively. Availibility may effect it the other way.
So do your homework.
Last edited by EL Conquestidor at Sep 17, 2006,
If it's in good shape then 400 is a good price. They sell for around $900 new (Give or take about $100) and half price isn't bad, especialy if you considar the fact that the more these guitars are played the better they sound.
Not taking any online orders.