I've been playing guitar for about a year to a year and a half and I would like to know how to make your guitar "whine" If any of you know what I am talking about please share anything with me. Thanks.
wtf are you talking about?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
i think he might be talking about pinch harmonics
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?
No I know how to wah...its kind of like a harmonic but not. its hard to explain
Pinch harmonics produce a squeally type sound. You don't mean tremelo bar effects, do you?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
A guitar can sound pretty whiny if you use a slide *shrugs* if i could tell exactly what you were talking about i might be able to give you a better idea. But i'm thinking you mean getting a whine out your guitar as far as it's tone is concerned? An old strat will whine if you play it through a decent tube amp with the gain at about half.
Quote by AngstVox
Its pinch harmonics ! but i still dont know how to do them X_X

Ah okay, well basically what you do is choke up on the pick alot so just the tip is pointing out past your thumb, then hit the string in such a way that immediately after the pick hits the string, your thumb does. This stops alot of the strings vibration and creates a squeal sound. There are better explanations in the Lessons section of UG probably. It just takes practice. There are different 'sweet spots' for each string, some say they are easier to pull off with humbuckers and with the bridge pickup, but you can do it on anything.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by AngstVox
Okay thanks alot ^_^

Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...