Hi all!
I just bought a Fender Blues Deluxe amp. I'm very happy with the clean tone that i can get out of it and the overdrive channel is suitable to play low distorted blues licks. But... I sometimes like to play heavier stuff like AC/DC, the darkness, kind of classic rock.... I am looking for an overdrive pedal that will suit my needs. I am trying to get the marshall kind of distortion out of my fender.... and yes i know the fender will never be a marshall.

I already tried some pedals out but i can't choose... I tried the TS9 tubescreamer from ibanez, the OD3 overdrive from Boss and even a multieffect pedal from Zoom, the G2.1u. I could not try the maxon OD9 or the Visual Sounds Jekyl & Hyde overdrive cause they are not available in my area. I play a Godin LG signature guitar with Seymour Duncan humbuckers if you want to know. Any advice would be nice...
I've never tried them myself, but the Marshall distortion/OD pedals are supposed to be able to get quite close to the Marshall sound, according to Marshall anyway.

Here's a link to HC's user reviews of the Blues Deluxe, they're often a good way of finding out what other people think works well with a particular product.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Fender/Blues+Deluxe/10/1
Depending on your price range, the new ZVex Box Of Rock is suppost to be a "Marshall in a box" pedal.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Depending on your price range, the new ZVex Box Of Rock is suppost to be a "Marshall in a box" pedal.

Thats if you play it on a marshall

To be honest i wasnt really that impressed by the box of rock videos i have watched.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
^lol

I've not watched any of the videos yet, on my to do list... Why weren't you impressed?
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
^lol

I've not watched any of the videos yet, on my to do list... Why weren't you impressed?

Well from what ive read to get the best sounds you should play it on a cranked marshall, im pretty sure it even says that on the zvex website. Already that puts a little thing in my head saying "well i havent got a marshall so i cant get one"
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I have a Blues Deluxe also and all you need is a TubeScreamer. I use the Tubescreamer and the overdrive on the amp and can get a nice distortion.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
i just aquired a ts9dx with the 4 channels on it, and i have the same amp as you, and the pedal has an AMAZING array of sounds, lightly distorted to ac/dc distorted. not much further though.

i'd check it out (the dx version, if you havent)

EDIT:

i dont have the exact same amp as you, but close enough
Thanks for all your quick replies!
I think I'm going to try out a jackhammer by marshall and if it doesn't suit my needs (maybe too much distortion...) im gonna go with the tubescreamer maybe the ts9dx cause it seems a lot more versatile than the ts9.
If you're going to check out the pedals by marshall, look at the bluesbreaker not the jackhammer.
Even though you cant try out the Jekyll and Hyde, i would get that, it's an amazing pedal, the overdrive is a clone of the ts808 (Jekyll), which sounds amazing on a nice tube amp (i can only imagine what it would sound like on a Blues Deluxe, i've only had the chance to try it out on a tube amp once

and when you want to play something thats heavier and needs more distortion than a ts808 you have the disortion side (Hyde) which is really versatile (sp?) you can get a nice fat distortion for some blues all the way to a tight sweet metal tone.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Sep 17, 2006,
Maybe a EHX English Muff'n. It's a little tube pedal that's supposed to get a Marshall sound.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I went back to the store today and i think im gonna go with the ts9 reissue. The od9 from maxon seems like a good choice too but i don't want to buy something that I can't try out. The marshall pedal (jackhammer) was just too much for me in term of distortion and i could not try the bluesbreaker
Where Words Fail, Music Speaks.
If you liked the TS9, get it.

But did you try out the TS808 aswell? Or is it over your budget?

And the Maxon OD9 will be like the TS9, but better, and true bypass too.
Don't be afraid to care"