hey, can someone explain to me how to play natural harmonics, artificial, etc etc...any help appreciated
^Good idea for pinch harmonics. A natural harmonic is made by lightly touching your finger to the top of the string over a certain point on the string. I suggest starting with the 5th, 7th, and 12th frets.
pinch harmonics are were you, have your fingers on the string, pressed against the fret, like usual, except you get your pick so that it has a tiny bit showing like a 2 mm, and you hit the string, takes some practice, but you get it fast.
For pinch harmonics, start by just playing the string with both your thumb and the pick at the same time.

Try fretting the G string at the 12th fret and picking around the 21st-24th frets, that's where I find it easiest.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
quick additional question, not intentionally hijacking this thread...

the pincharmonics shown on those pages are just basically making the note hit really high pitch but my guitar teacher does them so that the notes kinda of wobble between that high note and the normal note so it sounds really awesome - is that the same?
Marty
as in one second it's the high note, the next second it's the normal note?

I've never heard of that being done before.

But a pinch harmonic is a mixture of many natural harmonics and the original note, and wherre you pick varies

i) Which natural harmonics; closer to the bridge = higher note
ii) The ratio of original note:harmonic
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...