What is the general consensus of Line 6 here? Does everyone here think they're POS's? Looking at some previous posts here, that seems to be the case, but I've read some reviews at other places where people really like them. I know, it's all about personal preferences and actually listening to it yourself, but I'm going to check out one locally here on Monday.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
If I were you, I would get a vox valvetronix. Those amps sound sweet and are not that heavy on your wallet.
August 21, 2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Rose Garden
Line 6 makes good FX (their multi-FX modeler pedals are awesome) and the POD is a great device. Their modeling amps, unless you want to pay $1,500 for one, suck.
Hi, I'm Peter
I think they're cool.

Too often people on the internet will read one person's opinion, make it their own, then spread it, then spread it anymore.

An offshoot example is how everyone at harmony central uses the word "moniker" and NOTHING else to describes a person's username.. yet I never see the word used pretty much ever on ANY other forum.
Well, opinions on tone also come with experience. I've spent the last 7 years playing a Mesa Boogie amp. I can't stand the "tone" of a Spider amp, and even the Flextone to me is incredibly lackluster. I've had a Modulation Modeler pedal for the last 5-6 years, and it's great. Very conveniently arranged, tweakable, good sounds.
Hi, I'm Peter
1 person's opinion that comes from experience is worth more than 100 people's opinions that all come from "i heard" sources.

Then again, if it's only one person with experience, everyone has different taste
This is the AX2 212 and one review said they paid over $1k for this new in 1999. I looked in previous auctinos on ebay and they've sold for $300-385 on ebay + S&H. I can buy it for under $250 on Monday if I like it.

I guarantee it has to be better than the Crate amp that I have that cuts in and out all the time.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Line 6 doesnt make the best amps ever, but for the price they are pretty good. Thier insane effect is pretty goddamn good too.
I tried to make a signature listing all my gear, but I couldn't for 2 reasons.

1. I couldn't remember all my gear
2. My signature was too long for UG to process.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Line 6 makes good FX (their multi-FX modeler pedals are awesome) and the POD is a great device. Their modeling amps, unless you want to pay $1,500 for one, suck.

+1

IMO the best amps out there in that range are the Cubes and them little Vox ones. I love the Cubes to death. Theyre insanely fun to play on...and the awesome part is that they sound absolutely killer for what they are.
So you think I'd be better off getting an AD50VT over this Line 6? I think the problem is that the Vox would run another $50 or so.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker

Quote by forgop
So you think I'd be better off getting an AD50VT over this Line 6? I think the problem is that the Vox would run another $50 or so.

Then maybe look at the one below AD50VT?
Quote by AustBeginnerAxe
Then maybe look at the one below AD50VT?

I think the 30 W Vox doesn't have as good of a speaker and doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the 50 W amp.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker

I too am not too fond of the amp, however the POD xt is really good, pair it up with a Boss GT-8 and you could obtain all sorts of sounds. IMO, Line 6 doesnt make good amps at all, they sound too digital and as the amp's trying too hard to achieve the modeled fx but sadly couldnt get too close.

Get a Vox/Cube.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by forgop
I think the 30 W Vox doesn't have as good of a speaker and doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the 50 W amp.

The biggest difference is the speaker. It's terrible. The only other difference is that the 50 watt has a speaker out jack. Go with the 50.
Hi, I'm Peter
The higher end ones are actually pretty good. Think POD in an amp. But the Spiders are crap.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?