Hey there,

Ive played and practiced guitar for about 5months now - On a crappy Behringer Guitar-pack.

Its time for some upgrades now. To eventually get the right sound =).

So my question is simply wether to buy a New guitar or an Amp first?
Which will make the most difference in sound?

Gear Im considering is a:
jackson js30ke Kelly
Vox ad30vt

So,since Im short on money I have to buy one piece at a time =(.

Keep rockin'!

(Forgott to add that I currently own a V-amp2 aswell.)
amps always make a bigger difference than guitars when it comes to trying to achieve "a sound" but guitars are different in play ability, as well as sound (just not as dramatic)
WELL I STARTED WITH THE SAME PACK AS YOU (CRAP BEHRINGER PACK THING), AND i ACTUALLY BLEW UP THE AMP SO I TEMPORARILY BOUGHT A MINI

Well i started withe the same pack as you (crap behringer pack thing0, and i actually blew up the amp so i temporarily bought a mini marshall. And i was in the smae situation as you as to wheter or not i should buy a new guitar or a new amp. Here are the pro's and con's:

-Amp: It improves the sound of your guitar, and Vox's are especially good anyway. Also the behringer one is so crap that you really need a new one of these asap to be honest. The only problem is that it wont really feel any different than playing the crappy behringer one sometimes.

-Guitar: When I bought my second guitar after the behringer one it was amazing. You'll find that your guitar skill will improve a lot and you'll feel cooler playing it. You'll also feel proud showing the new guitar to people and you'll want to start a band etc. The only downside is that a guitar only really sounds as good as the amp...

I actually bought both a new guitar and an amp at the same time after the crap behringer stuff, and since then my guitar skill has improved dramatically.

Hope that helped.
sorry about the bit at the top with capitals...i was actually correcting it and forgot to delete it afterwards