Guitarists confound me. People on these forums confound me. Especially people on this forum confound me. I'm so sick and tired of hearing the "uber L337 shr3dz00ring" noobs saying sweet child o' mine is an easy solo. I mean, i find the solo in sweet child o mine harder than the outro solo in paradise city. And while i have a hard time convincing the idiots around here that if they think they know sweet child o' mine and think its easy, that it is in fact a pretty hard solo, i won't have a hard time finding people who agree with me when i say that the outro solo in paradise city is amazingly hard, to the point of shredding.

My point being? Sweet child o' mine is a stigmatized solo, people around here bash it just to make themselves feel like really good guitar players, when the fact is, they're not.

Have a good life. Arggh
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
people have their Weaknesses and Strengths in techiniques like scales,fingerings,etc....So In ways..I can agree and Disagree with you...

ok,bashers should be in...3....2....1
No rly?

Ya rly.
.....you realise people have been playing for a long time and do play most of the time in their spare time so no wonder they may find some solos easier than others
Them saying that they find it easy playing it i have no problem with. Them saying that if you're not skilled enough to play it after, say, 1 year of playing, you're playing isn't worth ****, that, i've got a problem with.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Last edited by refgerto at Sep 17, 2006,
meh pay no attention to them really but yeh they are basing it around their own experience so yeh you just gotta not pay much attention to it
Then you're listening to the wrong person. Progress is highly subjective and depends on each individual, ppl that say you suck coz you cant solo is very wrong. You also do realize that this is an internet forum, some of them dont even know that solo, only heard of them from other ppl who say its easy.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Well it is a bit weird that you find Paradise City's end solo harder than Sweet Child O' Mine's, although if you can play Paradise City then you're pretty good in my books, so what the hell.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by codybcool
Pointless rants belong in the pit, not here.

gotta vent your anger once at least like last night i spammed up a ex-friends myspace page for pissing me off yet strangely im still in their top friends list
Quote by azn_guitarist25
gotta vent your anger once at least like last night i spammed up a ex-friends myspace page for pissing me off yet strangely im still in their top friends list

Maybe they're into cyber-masochism and your childish spamming really turned them on... or maybe not.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Well it is a bit weird that you find Paradise City's end solo harder than Sweet Child O' Mine's, although if you can play Paradise City then you're pretty good in my books, so what the hell.

no, i think he meant the other way, SCOM harder than PC...
anyway, i bet lots of those people who "can" play those solos actually play them but sound like a bunch of drunk horny cats...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by refgerto
Them saying that they find it easy playing it i have no problem with. Them saying that if you're not skilled enough to play it after, say, 1 year of playing, you're playing isn't worth ****, that, i've got a problem with.

I usually think those people are lying. A lot of times they are the kids in guitar center with a B.C. Rich Warlock and a 120 watt ****ty crate amp turned up to 10 trying to shred but being bad at it.

Honestly, there is a difference between being able to play something and playing it well. Sure I could probably make it through the Sweet Child o' Mine solo, but would it sound great? Probably not.
Quote by morningdove2
I usually think those people are lying. A lot of times they are the kids in guitar center with a B.C. Rich Warlock and a 120 watt ****ty crate amp turned up to 10 trying to shred but being bad at it.

Honestly, there is a difference between being able to play something and playing it well. Sure I could probably make it through the Sweet Child o' Mine solo, but would it sound great? Probably not.

exactly what i think... i'm kinda in the same position as you are, i could probably learn that solo pretty quick but after that it'd take a long time to make it actually sound good and not like i'm raping my guitar...
i'm pretty sure lots of people just go through the first phase and then brag that they can play it and it's easy... yea, right...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
take other people's thoughts on whats "easy" with a grain of salt until you've actually heard them play.
Quote by 666_Belial
no, i think he meant the other way, SCOM harder than PC...
anyway, i bet lots of those people who "can" play those solos actually play them but sound like a bunch of drunk horny cats...

Ah, yeah, you're right, my bad.

Take this advice: Never compare yourself with others about your progress. Everyone have a different learning curve and what is easy/difficult for ones is difficult/easy for others.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
How retarded.... Some obsessed GNR kid gets mad because SCOM is easy to other players....

SCOM IS easy, considering your an average guitar player. TS, if your a noob, then i guess it might be hard..... otherwise, stfu
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
its all opinion....one can say "oh its an easy solo"...but that wouldnt be fact
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
why do so many people think thatt being able to play some one elses solo makes them a better guitarist?
Quote by jaydub
why do so many people think thatt being able to play some one elses solo makes them a better guitarist?

because its a display of technical skill, and its easy to appreciate that some solos are more technically difficult to play than others. you said better guitarist, i think thats right. it does not make them a better musician.
^^i second that
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
They are 2 different types of solo's.

Sweet Child O' Mine is alot more melodic than Paradise City. Paradise City is borderline shred. SCOM is more thought out. The hardest part of the solo in SCOM other than the fast part, is capturing the vibrato, & proper bending intonation. With PS, the hardest part is playing fast consistently. Both are difficult solo's, no matter what level of skill you are. Neither solo's should be attempted by a beginner though.
cuse not everyone can just pull solos our of there ass, like me i couldnt write my own tune if my life depended on it. so i play other peoples
Quote by Invictious
Wha...? Ask the local guitar shop for servicing?
They are ugly and bastards there though...
£30

That's outrageous.
Their penis is small too, and I am not that desperate
No thanks.
I always have problems with solos, and I've been playing for a little over a year

I can't play the Stairway solo. I'm bad with picking fast and such.

My friends all outplay me in solos, but then again, none of them can play acoustic..
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Maybe they are confounded that you can not play it.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Lets just put it this way.

Its hard to play the SCOM solo with the same feeling Slash put into it

Its also hard to play the Paradise City outro solo with the same speed Slash put into it...(I was shocked the first time i heard this solo, had no idea Slash could play that fast)
Quote by EmancipatedSoul
Longhair, im proud of you man. You didnt include emo. thanks.

Quote by IlIk2plygUItAr
Warmbulance=OWNED BY LONGHAIR?!?!

Quote by Rockwolf
^ I like you...Thats about it...Your the best September 06'er by far

Quote by 319

You and Longhair were the ones I liked, but I saw more Longhair posts
Quote by ClassicAxe
How retarded.... Some obsessed GNR kid gets mad because SCOM is easy to other players....

SCOM IS easy, considering your an average guitar player. TS, if your a noob, then i guess it might be hard..... otherwise, stfu

lol haha i presume this what the thread starter was on about....
maybe they are just good enough to justify it. sure some people on here suck, but others ****ing pwn. dont be so close minded.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
who cares whether they find something easy or hard if it sounds great play it!!!
but most those noobs i suspect cant even play half the stuff they say
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Quote by Longhair?!?!
Lets just put it this way.

Its hard to play the SCOM solo with the same feeling Slash put into it

Its also hard to play the Paradise City outro solo with the same speed Slash put into it...(I was shocked the first time i heard this solo, had no idea Slash could play that fast)

lol do u know slash still doesnt have a clue with wat he played in paradise city, it was one take in the studio
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Quote by Slash Jr.
They are 2 different types of solo's.

Sweet Child O' Mine is alot more melodic than Paradise City. Paradise City is borderline shred. SCOM is more thought out. The hardest part of the solo in SCOM other than the fast part, is capturing the vibrato, & proper bending intonation. With PS, the hardest part is playing fast consistently. Both are difficult solo's, no matter what level of skill you are. Neither solo's should be attempted by a beginner though.

^ I did Anyway, it's just sticking at it. I've been playing less than a year, and despite my poor skills, I still attempted this scom solo, and still am. Definately improving. Practice makes perfect you know
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!