It would be much better for you if you would save up for an epiphone, its worth it in the long run.

Buy from www.gak.com everythings really cheap there
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
^Have you played one before you bought it?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Have you played one before you bought it?

Thats a very good point, if you have played a friends epi les paul before then thats cool.

Further to that i own an Epiphone Les Paul Standard but i wouldnt really recomend buying one brand new just now. At the moment the Epiphone Les Pauls Standards have a slab of Alder (which is industrial grade mahogany) in the middle of the guitar, with two pieces of Mahogany sandwiching it together.

While they are still pretty nice sounding guitars, they arent quite as good as the all Mahogany Epiphone Les Paul Standards that were made prior to the year 2000 (mine is a pre 2000). So I would have recomended either buying a used Epiphone Les Paul that was made before 2000 or getting one of the Les Pauls from their cataloge that have solid Mahogany bodies such as the Les Paul Standard Plain Top (new out) or one of the Zak Wylde Les Paul Customs, or for something a bit different a Les Paul Ultra that has a chambered Mahogany body.
i played m8's old vintage one and hes recently bought a epiphone one and says its pretty good, so vintage and epiphone les pauls cant play that different and i've heard what they sound like
Quote by yeovil4eva
i played m8's old vintage one and hes recently bought a epiphone one and says its pretty good, so vintage and epiphone les pauls cant play that different and i've heard what they sound like

god damn you dont know how wrong you can be in fact