Well my lead guitarist is thinking abut getting a new guitar pretty soon. He plays shred, metal and classic rock. He has a Tanglewood Strat (so he dosen't need single coils). He wants a good tremolo (so he can dive bomb). He's been thinking abut getting an Ibanez RG, but most weve found has Edge III or a Jackson Dinky. His budget is 500kr (about $600).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Sep 17, 2006,
For Ibanez, your best bet is to get the S470 or a used RG5xx/RG7xx. The Edge III will hold up longer if you set it up properly and not putting too much pressure to it. Its swappable to an OFR/Schaller/Gotoh LFR easily. If you want to fit a Lo-Pro Edge to it, you gotta do a bit of sanding to the front part of the cavity, not much.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^Well teh S470 is alot more here! But there were alot of used RG's so well see if he gets one of them!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Always check for cracks at the neck joint if it uses the old back plate, its pretty common for heavy trem abusers to sell their RGs in a pretty beat up shape.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Used RG 520/550/560/565/570/750/770 etc etc
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Or a Prestige.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
he could get the Ibanez RG350EX i have that one and it was only £300 which works out to be about $600 i think and its a very good rg guitar from ibanez
Quote by sipix22
he could get the Ibanez RG350EX i have that one and it was only £300 which works out to be about $600 i think and its a very good rg guitar from ibanez

The bridge is ewwy.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Tell him to get a prestige RG1570, it has the original edge pro, which is amazing! Plus the wizard neck is very fast, and it's prestige, superior build.
With his budget he could get a used one.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
get a jackson DK2 dinky with a floyed or a shecter with a floyed. Ibanez are only good when they are the Japan buitl ones which run about $700 to $3,000 USD.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Well we foudn loads of RG1570 in his budget. He won't get one yet, but i jsut wanted to check!

Also he's gonna get a new bridge pickup for his Strat and its gonna be DiMarzio Single coil sized humbucker (DiMarzio is the cheapest) and its either gonna be a Fast Track 2 or Tone Zone S. What would you reccomend? He plays some classic rock up to some metal (and shred).
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Well we foudn loads of RG1570 in his budget. He won't get one yet, but i jsut wanted to check!

Also he's gonna get a new bridge pickup for his Strat and its gonna be DiMarzio Single coil sized humbucker (DiMarzio is the cheapest) and its either gonna be a Fast Track 2 or Tone Zone S. What would you reccomend? He plays some classic rock up to some metal (and shred).

Tone Zone S
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Try considering the Cruiser Bridge too, its a great pickup with good chunk and nice harmonics. Kiko Loureiro and Andy Timmons uses them so you could get a rough idea on what it'd sound like on Mesa amps or plenty of overdrive/gain.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic