Has anyone got this guitar? I might be buying it but I want to know if it's worth the money about 500 quid. What does it sound? Is it a nice play?
I have the ec-400AT and love it in every single way. Great thin neck, sweet sound, looks great. Rather uncomfortable when sitting down though, and somewhat heavy. But you really have to try it out before you buy it.
The EC-400AT is very different to the EC-400. It is a lot heavier and flashier looking with binding, etc. It is definitely superior to the EC-400.
I LOVE EC-400s. They're amazing guitars. The one I tried felt so nice, played really well.

But we need to know what amp you have and what you play first
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I have the Ec-400 (in see through cherry), and yes, I love it
it has a set of Emg's (a 60/81), so it does metal AND cleans well
It plays great, simple to set up, set neck
but to answer your questions
1. Yes, it's great to play
2. It's mostly made for metal, or rock in general

But, of course, go to a store and try it out. I orignally went for an Ibanez, what with half the Ug'ers swearing by them, but felt the necks to be kind of, blah. It just wasn't me. And yes, I did try the Sz, Sa, and S series, and some prestige Rg's. They were just, ok
JUST GO TRY SOME!
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
nice guitar all mahogany EMGs nice neck only lacking an arch top (which the EC 400 AT has) but just seems a bit overpriced to me.
I think the AT is amazing for the price, and the non-AT is a solid guitar, definitely worth the cost, but nothing stunning.
I play punk rock and have a marshall 30 somehting watt amp. I'm currently contemplating whether to find this guitar and give it a try because I'd have to travel around to find it! Also it will take a few months of saving up! Which will be hard!
Don't bother, your amp is a Marshall MG and sucks a black mans 13 inch dick. Search www.google.com and type black mans 13 inch dick in image search and you'll probably get a good idea of just how bad your MG is.

Save to upgrade the amp for the love of God, then consider a new guitar.
Quote by codybcool
Don't bother, your amp is a Marshall MG and sucks a black mans 13 inch dick. Search www.google.com and type black mans 13 inch dick in image search and you'll probably get a good idea of just how bad your MG is.

Save to upgrade the amp for the love of God, then consider a new guitar.