hi i am going to mod my squire and i wont to put a new pickup in the bridge position i bin looking at hotrails and the mini jb and mini 59

which would be a good pickup to play hard rock and metal ???
I'd save the money and upgrade from squier before starting to invest in pickups. If you do decide to get a new pickup anyway, keep the old one so you can keep your decent pickup when you flog your squier.
Quote by smb
I'd save the money and upgrade from squier before starting to invest in pickups.

+1
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
well i wona keep my squire for sentamental value sints my gran bort it me but i use it as a 3rd guitar anyway ( btw its a jap. squire)
Last edited by tiny0514 at Sep 17, 2006,
^That's a completely different matter then, Jap Squiers are damn good guitars.

What amp do you have at the mo?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i have a marshal mg50dfx practice amp but loking into buting a peavey valve king ,ashdown falan angle or a crate blue voodoo.
Don't listen to these guys, Squiers are fine for modding.

EDIT: Except R_H_C_P.

He da man.

Quote by tiny0514
i have a marshal mg50dfx practice amp but loking into buting a peavey valve king ,ashdown falan angle or a crate blue voodoo.

Stay away from the Blue voodoo. They're not that great.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i'd recommend keeping the squier (japan or not) and throw a Seymour Duncan JB Jr. in it.
seriously, when it comes to electric guitars a new pickup will do enough for your sound as long as you don't mind the feel of the guitar. I've seen bands better than most that post on here playing with modded squier strats so i really wouldn't worry about it.
My Jap Squier Tele is a beast.

The SD Hot-rails is a nice choice, I have one in my highway one strat, i have an EMG Single coil active in my MIM Strat and just stocks in my '62 Strat and they all sound awesome, try out the single coil active EMGS
^Yeah.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i have the seymour duncan one and its really nice, havent tried the dimarzio.

But i think everyone who says "hotrails" means the SD ones.
I personally think you should get the better amp first because its responsible for the majority o the sound. Seriously, a Squier can sound better in a great amp than a MIA Fender in a crap amp.
Sent from my iPad.
I put Hot Rails into my strat a month ago. They have been great in improving my tone and eliminating all of the extra buzz.
a lindy Fralin Pick-up
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster