I'm selling a Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer for someone, he said he doesn't know if it's an original or a reissue. It is from 1981, it has a silver label on the bottom with the number 036046, and it's made in Japan. According to the manual the specs are as follows:

Input impedence: 500K ohms
output impedence: 10k ohms
Maximum output level: 0 dBm
Maximum gain: +30 dB

then it says

"EquivaInput Noise
Equivaient Input Noise -100 dBm (IHF-A)"

The label on the box says

IBAN TS-9 IBANEZ
TS-9 VINTAGE TUBE SCREAMER

The fact that it's labeled "vintage tube screamer" suggests that it's a reissue, but 1981 seems early for a reissue.

And could anyone help me determine what it's worth, whether it's an original or a reissue? It's in perfect condition, it even has that plastic film still on the label. It's in brand new condition.
Maybe you could just call Ibanez? That's your best bet if you want to be really sure.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
^Yea they'll probably be able to solve your problem.

And also look on eBay and other places sellin' used stuff and see if they've got any TS9's sellin from the 80's.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I just put it on ebay with buy it now for $75 and it sold in 10 minutes... did I just screw myself? How much is this thing worth!?
I checked and called Ibanez It was worth about $200-300 dollars.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
if it was a 808 they fetch for $700, wheres the link?
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Any1 else here whod seriously consider backing out of the deal and taking the negative feedback?

Thats a fkload o money you just missed.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
It was made it 1981. It was obviously an original.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."

ouch, sorry to hear that. For future reference, most pedals from the 80's are considered vintage, and the TS would have had what is considered the "good" JRC chip.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Schneiderman
I just put it on ebay with buy it now for $75 and it sold in 10 minutes... did I just screw myself? How much is this thing worth!?

If you dont know the value, don't put a buy it now on it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I was selling it for someone else, and he said he wanted $75, so it was more his fault than mine. I'm missing missing out on like $10 from my commission... I'm just irked that I swindled myself.
you should take a neg, make a new acount, sell it for a lot of money and take all of it except for 75 bucks.

Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
meh, don't encourage the guy to go back on his auction, that's just dirty. I use eBay a lot, and I hate when people do that. You win some, you lose some, just gotta man up and take the good with the bad. I lost money on stuff when I didn't list it right, or didn't know what I had, but I've also made a lot of money too. Like was said, you have to research it first. Look thru the completed auctions, see a general price range, and go from there. Letting it ride on the auction will usually get you the best price. The last 10 minutes will have all the bids, but it's worth it to let it be seen for a few days. I like starting them very low, people see a deal, put it on their watchlist, and you get a bidding frenzy in the last hour.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Ouch, too bad.

At least it wasn't yours to sell, or you would feel even worse lol
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30