I'm trying to choose some new headphones. They'll mostly be used for practicing bass (which is why I put it in here) but also used for guitar and listening to music and films. I'm gonna want some with serious bass response, but not at the cost of clear treble. It helps if they look good too, but that's secondary to sound. Anyone recommend some good 'uns? I don't really want to spend more than £30.
Quote by smb
I'm trying to choose some new headphones. They'll mostly be used for practicing bass (which is why I put it in here) but also used for guitar and listening to music and films. I'm gonna want some with serious bass response, but not at the cost of clear treble. It helps if they look good too, but that's secondary to sound. Anyone recommend some good 'uns? I don't really want to spend more than £30.

Good headphones cost a lot of money - you should be spending at least a ton! Sennheiser and Beyer Dynamic should be some first ports of call. You should also be looking for closed-back models
Quote by Applehead
Good headphones cost a lot of money

Yeah I know I'm being pretty demanding for the price but if I could afford some expensive ones... I'd get them!
^ I hear you dude, just warming you that for that kind of money dont expect too much quality!!
Yeah i have crap headphones right now. It's really hard to pick out the bass. They really mush it up with the guitar. More you spend the easier it is to pickout everything. I highly suggest ones that cover your entire ear. When practicing makes it easier to pick out the recorded bass from yours.
Alright, well thanks for the suggestion Catchy. Guess I'll give them a try.
I have those Roland Headphones RH-50...too bad my amp is dodgy and possibly my new amp will have no headphones input. So basically...i use it for m computer more...but it's awesome quality
Update - I ordered the Sennheiser EH150s online. Couple of hours later the store phoned me and said they didn't have any in stock but offered to substitute them for Samson CH700s at the same price. So that's what I'm getting. They're not as sexy, but they are £50 headphones for £20 so I'm not complaining!
Yeah of course. By the way, how's the Marcus Miller bass doing you? I'm thinking of saving up for one.