I do happen to like his solo stuff with Ace Fhrely's Comet (New York Groove, Fractured Mirror) and early-KISS. Lets face it, Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are a terrible bass/guitar combo, there isnt much musicanship, they were more so bussinesmen. Kiss was only good with the spaceman and Peter Kriss, but Ace was making all the catchy riffs and stuff like that, and had some kickin' solos. He is a very underrated guitarist, and deserves more recgnition, any other fans?
I'm not familiar w/any of his post KISS work. But IMO KISS was pretty simplistic staight forward rock & Roll and the band principle selling point was the dramatic costumes and show.
Ace was reportedly an alcoholic who they had hard time keeping sober enough to perform live. And much of the studio work attributed to him was actually done by stand in 70's hired gun guitarists such as Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner. Altho they didn't get credit for their work on these albums.
Ace merely imitated THEIR chops onstage.
Quote by EL Conquestidor
I'm not familiar w/any of his post KISS work. But IMO KISS was pretty simplistic staight forward rock & Roll and the band principle selling point was the dramatic costumes and show.
Ace was reportedly an alcoholic who they had hard time keeping sober enough to perform live. And much of the studio work attributed to him was actually done by stand in 70's hired gun guitarists such as Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner. Altho they didn't get credit for their work on these albums.
Ace merely imitated THEIR chops onstage.

He was a drunken bafoon, but they didnt have to bring in those guys until towards the end of the good era...
Just thought I'd point that out. I've noticed it in a few other posts where you mention his name

No harm done though

Anyway, I'd say he is a decent guitarist. Nothing special in my books though.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
"New York Groove" is pretty awesome, but I love Gene Simmons' bass playing too.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Ace Frehley pretty much sucks. One of the worst guitarist ever to get lucky and wind up a millionaire.
Quote by Zimwibwe
Ace Frehley pretty much sucks. One of the worst guitarist ever to get lucky and wind up a millionaire.

This is what makes UG suck, little ****s(you can decide the 4 letter word yourself!), who come into a thread, just to bash the fans or the musician(s), it happens with KISS, Styx, Axl Rose, Led Zeppelin, etc. I mean, come on! THose people need to grow up and say something productive or nothing at all.

For instance, I don't care much for Dire Straits, but I didn't go into the Dire Straits thread to bash them, I simply stated I never cared much for their music, and if someone could help me get into them.

Also, I hate GreenDay, but I don't go into their thread and say "GreenDay sucks cow d***," how cows would have d****s, I don't know, but I do know that that would be ignorant, so I use...retraint.

So, next time you want to post in here Zimwibwe...don't. In fact, just stay out of threads of things you hate, so I don't have to get pissed off again!
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
Naw, he's nothing special. KISS is so over-rated too, they were just in it for the money.
Good guitarist yes, deserving of his on sig. guitar not really.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom- Alpine White
Marshall MG30DFX

Soon To Get:
Keeley Fuzz Head
I'm unsure about my next amp.
Looking for amp with great blues tone.
^ Bah, if Billie-Joe farkin' Armstrong gets one, Ace gets one.
Billie Joe doesn't even deserve a Squier sig
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom- Alpine White
Marshall MG30DFX

Soon To Get:
Keeley Fuzz Head
I'm unsure about my next amp.
Looking for amp with great blues tone.
^ If you rearrange the letters and take the 'l' out, your name is Ace too.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
Quote by Tom S.
^ If you rearrange the letters and take the 'l' out, your name is Ace too.

Oh my god I feel so insulted!
you should...

and a guy named Ace is a better guitarist than you,

PWN
Quote by sambora
blueoyster smells

That's it? I "smell"? If you're going to flame someone, at least take the time and make it worthwhile. You didn't even finish the sentece, what do I smell...cats...detergent...umbrella pie?

...Shut the hell up!
Ace had enough backbone, to get out while the Gene and Paul money machine made a mockery of KISS and their music. He was sooooo unhappy with the Elder, that he bailed. I know he sholud have did that sooner...during the Dynasty and Unmasked albums, but at least he left and did his own thing. None of us are in his shoes (or boots), and the fame, money drugs and/of booze may have gottne to you too.
ace frehley is a goo dguitarist all other points aside. he inspired me to play.