A 4 or a 5 (or 6), its just a question that popped into my head, at my local music store. Some people prefer 4 some 5. Me i like 5 strings for slapping, because the strings are so much closer together, or maybe its just cause im a ub3r n00b to slap (on the one i play at least). What about you all.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
i find that its easier to slap when the strings are wider apart (i assumed that was the idea with musicman basses having wider spacing). i like 4 strings but i have a 'fetish' for 5 string fretless basses.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
i think slap is better with the strings further apart like on the M-M
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
4 and 6. I love pops on the c. And slapping the e on the b string is pretty kickass. And like i've said quite a few times i can't stand odd number of strings. I'm not really sure why. But i do.
i learned to slap on a 5, and its deffinately different than a 4. the 5 you really have to get used to muting the low b all the time, it tends to sound off whenever you slap. i actually find that slapping well on the 5 tightens my technnique, and i can slap even better on the 4 cause i have more room.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
I much prefer a 4 string when playing slap

But I've gotten used to slapping on my 5 string now
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects