dedication...choose a song that's techically challenging and stick to it

you'll never get any better playing pieces of different songs...beginners usually fall into that trap, but once you learn how to practice, you'll probably grow out of it
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
From what I think your asking, you should learn the rest of the song you know?

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
You need to take your middle finger, carefully place it beneath your ass, then sit on it. Stop asking stupid ****ing questions. Just learn the song numbnuts
My Gear:
Vintage Metal Axxe Razer
Shine Orange thing
Westfield Strat Copy
Self Built Mahogany Thing
Collins CD28CENT Electro Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix 30 Watt
Roland Cube 60
EHX Big Muff
Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Jim Dunlop 0.7mm Picks
Quote by Dammit Missed T
You need to take your middle finger, carefully place it beneath your ass, then sit on it. Stop asking stupid ****ing questions. Just learn the song numbnuts

Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Quote by Corwinoid

I have to admit, I'm not sure what that means?!
My Gear:
Vintage Metal Axxe Razer
Shine Orange thing
Westfield Strat Copy
Self Built Mahogany Thing
Collins CD28CENT Electro Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix 30 Watt
Roland Cube 60
EHX Big Muff
Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Jim Dunlop 0.7mm Picks
listen to your music pick a song you really like look at the guitar pro tab (so you could see how fast it is) and then start playing it piece by piece thats what i do anyway sometimes i cant do the solo so i just learn everything besides the solo some easy songs are
master of puppets
set me free - vr
smells like teen spirit
sugar - soad
It's really just force of will. If you allow yourself to get side tracked by random other songs you'll never learn the whole song. It's harder at first to force yourself to only learn that song but it gets easier.
Master of Puppets is easy? God, I really do suck....
I can play Sugar and Smells Like Teen Spirit, never even heard of the other song, but I can't even come close to playing all of Master of Puppets.
master of puppets isnt easy, douche bags just say that to try and make their internet nuts look bigger.
Not Enough AssHatery
Just learn the rhythm to the solo then?

It's really fun to play a song that you like all the way through, even if it's just the rhythm, especially if you play along with the solo!

Will power!
Quote by Dammit Missed T
I have to admit, I'm not sure what that means?!

You Have Been Trolled.
You Have Lost.
Have A Nice Day.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Technically, I find Metallica songs easier to learn than many other songs. Note I said learn... play is a different matter. Their songs are easy to break into pieces.

Basically, it's a matter of will. Do you really want to learn the entire song? If so, just take the plunge and start playing parts while listening to the song.