Hi im looking for a new guitar around the £400-500 mark but willing to go a bit higher if needed, thats about $600-700 USD i think.

Was originally looking at an epiphone les paul custom, then looked at prs se custom, which you guys seem to hate so maybe not now.
Also interested in the esp kh202.
Mainly looking at a guitar with a fixed bridge and definately with humbuckers.

I play a lot of metal such as metallica, slayer, iron maiden, black sabbath etc,. but also play alot of chillies, muse, hendrix, ac/dc, pink floyd, and radiohead.

What would u guys recommened? i know you're gonna say try em out but i can't exactly walk into a guitar store and try out every guitar worth £400!

thanks.
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Well, the RG321MH would be a good guitar, but you can get better if you have the money, i suggest the RGT42 *insert bunch of letters at end of model*..its an Ibanez, fixed bridge, neck through, mahogony body, 24 fret wizard neck, 2 humbuckers, flamed top, its a ****ing beautiful guitar...not sure how much it is though, but i assume somewhere in your pricerange

EDIT: alright, it doesnt have a flamed top, its the RGT42DXFX. It is still awesome
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Last edited by The_Hell_Patrol at Sep 17, 2006,
Awesome, do ibanez guitars have a good clean tone too? good sustain? all that crap.
To be honest, i've been playing metal on my USA fender strat for 5 years now i think anything with humbuckers in will sound awesome lol.

What's everyone's opinion on jackson guitars?
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
I personally really like the PRS SE custom you could try some shecters, the s-1 maybe?
The Ibanez could definatly use a pickup swap, but other than that it would be the ultimate metal rig, and with a fixed bridge, and neck through neck, mahogony body, i would assume it has massive amounts of sustain, but i dont know, i havent tried it. But with new pickups that guitar would scream your ma's face off.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

To reccomend what I think is one of the nicest guitars around that mark (519£ish) the Ibanez Prestige RGA121, fixed bridge, 24 jumbo frets, wizard neck, tis what I hope to buy asap anyway. If you like les pauls then give the PRS SE singlecut a shot, I tried one and was impressed for it's cleaner sound, but once you heap on the gain (and I mean really heap it on) it falls apart a bit. Give the higher end epiphones a shot too, I hear good things about them, although I don't reckon they're too comfy, choice thing I guess. And, lastly, if you're planning on buying it there and then, you could probably go into a guitar shop, explain your situation, and try out a fair number of guitars, most likely they'd be willing to do some sort of price match or freebies sorta thing with a website too, if that was putting you off.
I've just bought a second hand RG550 from 1992, and let me tell you it is a very versatile guitar. Don't know about the pickups, as mine already came upgraded to SDs, but it really is versatile. Great bridge, neck and overall feel too. Try and source one down (or a RG570 or something), and you'd even have enough money left for a pup upgrade.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
when his price range is so close to rga121 range people shouldnt even be considering recommending the rg321
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
My bad, i dont know anything of guita rprices because A) no one carries decent ssstuff around here, and i dont have american money
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by fretblaze
Hi im looking for a new guitar around the £400-500 mark but willing to go a bit higher if needed, thats about $600-700 USD i think.

Was originally looking at an epiphone les paul custom, then looked at prs se custom, which you guys seem to hate so maybe not now.
Also interested in the esp kh202.
Mainly looking at a guitar with a fixed bridge and definately with humbuckers.

I play a lot of metal such as metallica, slayer, iron maiden, black sabbath etc,. but also play alot of chillies, muse, hendrix, ac/dc, pink floyd, and radiohead.

What would u guys recommened? i know you're gonna say try em out but i can't exactly walk into a guitar store and try out every guitar worth £400!

thanks.

Look into the Epiphone Les Paul Ultra. Light, responsive, humbuckers, fixed bridge. If you don't like the sound, you can swap the humbuckers for some EMG's or something.
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore