Does anyone listen to the Soviettes?

they where on the rock against bush Vol 1 CD - the song "paranoia cha cha cha"
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I already have all 3 LPs I love that damn band!

and the guitarist annie and drummer danny have another band called Awesome Snakes. cool CD called Venom.

and susy is kinda cute too.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by hardrock1315

I think pinheadslts75 is a big fan too.

I am.

I've got all three albums. They're a great modern pop-punk band that deserves the attention of this entire forum. Buy them all.

My favorite songs are Blue Stars, Multiply and Divide, Middle of the Night, Ten, #1 is #2, Winning is for Losers, Paranoia Cha Cha Cha!, 9th Street, and Bottoms Up Bottomed Out.
I really liked the song on Rock Against blah blah, but can't find their albums sadly.
Lefty Loosie is much better and is from Milwaukee, which kicks the **** out of Minnenapolis.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
hey man don't bash MPLS!

and you can get there albums from ebay and Amazon.com too,
belive it on not, i found LP III in my local CD store and I ordered LP I and LP II from barns and noble.com

you just gotta look. inter punk might have them also.

and you can get there stuff from Itunes, same with Awesome snakes.

they are bolth on myspace too.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by whyvern
Lefty Loosie is much better and is from Milwaukee, which kicks the **** out of Minnenapolis.

lefty loosie is definatly better. there is so much more worth while pop-punk the modern machines are pretty good, as is DELAY, Lemuria, the merkurs, etc.
Check out Blotto, the Marked Men, Bent Outta Shape, Huver Flags, and Down in the Dumps for similar bands. The whole basement punk rock stuff is really boomin' right now. Lefty Loosie are also some of the nicest people I've come across in DIY punk rock, as are Lemuria.

edit: how'd I forget the Chinese Telephones? The bassist in my band was in the original lineup of that band.
Last edited by whyvern at Sep 17, 2006,
Quote by stonyman65
hey man don't bash MPLS!

and you can get there albums from ebay and Amazon.com too,
belive it on not, i found LP III in my local CD store and I ordered LP I and LP II from barns and noble.com

you just gotta look. inter punk might have them also.

and you can get there stuff from Itunes, same with Awesome snakes.

they are bolth on myspace too.

I think ss311 is in Scotland, I guess it's hard to get stuff there.
Quote by hardrock1315
I think ss311 is in Scotland, I guess it's hard to get stuff there.

I'm in Cyprus. Scotland was pretty good for most things just no Subhumans... I bought 48 cds in Scotland over the summer.
i like them. my former math teacher is sturgeon one of the guitar players (who, of course, sings too).
Cream Schecter Ultra III
Black Epi Les Paul Studio
Hohner Red SG (yeah weird)
Breedlove Dreadnought acoustic
An old fender (unknown model)
A frankenstein strat (unknown model)
15w Vox Pathfinder
120w Crate Flexwave
Quote by insomniac28
i like them. my former math teacher is sturgeon one of the guitar players (who, of course, sings too).

That's cool! The Soviettes rock my socks off.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at May 16, 2010,
Gotta bump this one 'cause I just discovered this band and am digging 'em. Someone recommended Awesome Snakes to me (awesome, amusing two-piece band!) and kinda backed into discovering The Soviettes. Annie and Danny are cool

Too bad neither band is still around, though...
I like them, too. It's weird how that Rock Against Bush album gets people into alot of bands, but you lie and say you bought all their albums first. I know I did with most of them.
Quote by KevVin
I like them, too. It's weird how that Rock Against Bush album gets people into alot of bands, but you lie and say you bought all their albums first. I know I did with most of them.

I don't even know what Rock Against Bush is...
The Soviettes are awesome, but I only have LP III. i really want to get the rest
Quote by stinger12345
Because the Bay Area is the ****.

Quote by RockGuitar92
I'd be like "wtf, bro?" Then I'd promptly ice the bitch.
They always seemed like a band I would like, but when I listened to them a loooong time ago it didn't really catch my interest. I've been meaning to check them out again, but keep forgetting. I'm counting on you, punk forum, to keep bumping this thread until I get internet back at my place. I will remember then. I also want to check out some of the other stuff mentioned in this thread.
four years later and Milwaukee STILL kicks the shit outta MPLS