Page 1 of 2
If Jesse Lacey gets his own thread, so should Geoff Rickly.

So, how awesome is that dude?

And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
geoff is my hero. wow. thatd guy has influenced me so much. one of the best things to happen to music in the last decade.
who is that?...am i stupid for asking?
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
He has epilepsy; it only adds to how amazing he is as a person. One of the best lyricists ever. Thursday is unbelievable.
Quote by myguitarskucks1
who is that?...am i stupid for asking?

vocalist/lyricalist of THURSDAY
Quote by myguitarskucks1
o ok thanks...ive heard of them but never listened to them

yeah there from jersey. i have almost all of their cd's. huge fan btw. start with some of there older stuff. you can try Waiting or their most known Full Collapse and then work your way to the present. You'll get the feel and begin to understand their musical progress. but be warned A City By the Light Divided isnt there best work. but i still enjoy it.
Last edited by crash_course at Sep 17, 2006,
o ok thanks...ive heard of them but never listened to them
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
So much bad stuff has happened to the guy.

Or so he says...

Amazing lyrics though.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

^He was 5 years old and his best friend's older brother died. He fell from those cliffs. The river washed him with the currents flowing downstream.
I fucking love him. He's is so amazing and inspiring .. he's pretty much the sex.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
i read the thread title + was like what kind of inbred band is this?!

but alas, it's about my geoffrey.

he's beyond words basically. unbelievable.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by frodoisdead
i read the thread title + was like what kind of inbred band is this?!

but alas, it's about my geoffrey.

he's beyond words basically. unbelievable.

Yes! Got Em!
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
Is it true that are or in the future being dropped from Island because A City didn't sell enough?

Random:I like how at tons of thursday shows he says " don't buy the new cd, just download it"

Hmm. Well, if they ARE getting dropped from Island, I could definetly see why he would say that at shows, kind of sticking it to them.
<3 <3 <3

one of my bestest moments ever at a show was when geoff pointed at me and looked me in the eyes while he sang "the lower east side is a jukebox, playing the deadman's crescendo, the needle is a vector, an intersection that we all must cross, a dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls, discard this message, discard this message, discard this message" in paris in flames. i nearly fainted. he is so amazing

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by KaosInTheDark
<3 <3 <3

one of my bestest moments ever at a show was when geoff pointed at me and looked me in the eyes while he sang "the lower east side is a jukebox, playing the deadman's crescendo, the needle is a vector, an intersection that we all must cross, a dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls, discard this message, discard this message, discard this message" in paris in flames. i nearly fainted. he is so amazing

unluCKY...

Lucky son of a bitch.
Quote by fenderfreak101
Lucky son of a bitch.

i had a grin on my face for like 3 weeks afterwards, it was really pathetic yet awesome

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by fenderfreak101
Hmm. Well, if they ARE getting dropped from Island, I could definetly see why he would say that at shows, kind of sticking it to them.

They never wanted to sign to Island anyway. The contract with victory said if they were to leave it had to be for a major label. I reckon they're trying to get out of the deal.

Either way, Geoff is easily one of my favourite lyricists
when i saw them he spoke about downloading music, saying that the labels are the ones losing money + not the bands. he also spoke about how terrible commercial music is, labelling justin timberlake as being "shit"
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
woooohooooo I'm seeing them finally in November!

With Circa Survive!

WOOOOOOHOOO
Quote by frodoisdead
when i saw them he spoke about downloading music, saying that the labels are the ones losing money + not the bands.

Yeah, it is the labels as they give a type of loan to the bands and hope to make the money back from sales, but if the labels aren't making the money then the bands aren't going to get paid so much. This means that in the future, unless bands have an independent financial backer (or are rich) they're all going to struggle to make ends meat on playing in bands, which means there will be less touring (especially international), which means fewer purchasers of each CD/vinyl/download due to advertising possibilities, which means that music is going to become incredibly dull unless you have the patience to seach through millions of crap bands that have created albums on a shoe string budget.
Its not necessarily a bad thing, everyone (in theory) will become more equal, but it'll definitely suck.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by KaosInTheDark
<3 <3 <3

unluCKY...

Thats awesome

Hes kind of ... uhhh....cute

in a manly sort of way....very...manly...
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Guitarist132
Thats awesome

Hes kind of ... uhhh....cute

in a manly sort of way....very...manly...

In a "never had a dentist" sort of way.
Geoff Rickly...is by far the most creative lyricist ive ever heard...

his writting is just...jesus...

its like an orgasm in your ear...
crit my rhymes?:

Lets Get Drunk and Fuck.

Subtle Arrogance

Do you realize, that i can clearly see your clitoris through your jeans?

Quote by Shaepwnsyou
They're very religious, so they have butt sex to save their virginity.
Quote by NGD1313
Geoff's good, I won't lie, but he's no Jesse Lacey

2 different styles of music.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
when i saw them he spoke about downloading music, saying that the labels are the ones losing money + not the bands. he also spoke about how terrible commercial music is, labelling justin timberlake as being "shit"

yeah i was there with u lol

hes just amazingggggg

he also told the story of how he wrote At This Velocity

and then went into the song

twas well mint
Blah.
haha that's ace. i saw thursday, the mars volta and poison the well on the big day out tour that i assume he's referring to i wanna post my photos from that day but they are in australia and im in canada so it's not gonna happen oh well

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by xArCaDiAx
2 different styles of music.

Absolutely, I couldn't compare the two bands if I wanted to, I didn't mean the bands in general, I meant as lyricists, and don't get me wrong Geoff Rickley is INCREDIBLE. I however I have a (almost) homo-erotic obsession with Jesse Lacey and I think that he writes the best lyrics of ANY writer today (That's just MY personal opinion of course).

Quote by frd_marshll
yeah apples and oranges

(oranges kick way more ass)

Yes oranges definitely pwn apples unbelievably.
Page 1 of 2