i've been playing for about six or seven months now and i'm thinking about getting an electric guitar. i've narrowed it down to a standard strat, a gibson sg, or a les paul standard. what are some average prices for these and which do you think are the best?
by the way if this helps, i like to play stuff like rock, blues-metal, and classic rock.
A GIBSON SG?!

Ok, now no offence or anything, but after 7 months of playing, a gibson guitar is overkill. Do you really need a pro level guitar if it's your first electric? What if you decide to quit? It'll be a huge waste of money. Also, everyone at school will call you a poser.

But if you really are gonna get one, Les Paul standard.
why not get a better strat if you have the cash. G&L strats kick ass. As do thier asats. Or an american strat or possibly a clapton signature since by those guitars you have a unlimited bank account.
Quote by sashki
A GIBSON SG?!

Ok, now no offence or anything, but after 7 months of playing, a gibson guitar is overkill. Do you really need a pro level guitar if it's your first electric? What if you decide to quit? It'll be a huge waste of money. Also, everyone at school will call you a poser.

But if you really are gonna get one, Les Paul standard.

Are you mental or did you not take your medication today? You say a Gibson SG is over kill and potentialy a waste of money if he gives up playing guitar, but then tell him that he should by a Les Paul which is the considerably more expensive than an SG.......Im going to have to ask you to visit www.whatthe****.com.

To the threadstarter.........It may be a bit overkill to get a quiatar of this kind of quality. However if you have the money and you reckon you will stick with playing guitar then why the hell not.

All of the guitars you are interested in are pretty different from each other. I would recomend that you go to a guitar shop and try each of them out for yourself, if you like one of them then get it. But while your down the shop anyway i would recomend making a day of it and trying lots of different makes and models.
Quote by Prk Marshall
Are you mental or did you not take your medication today? You say a Gibson SG is over kill and potentialy a waste of money if he gives up playing guitar, but then tell him that he should by a Les Paul which is the considerably more expensive than an SG.......Im going to have to ask you to visit www.whatthe****.com.

To the threadstarter.........It may be a bit overkill to get a quiatar of this kind of quality. However if you have the money and you reckon you will stick with playing guitar then why the hell not.

All of the guitars you are interested in are pretty different from each other. I would recomend that you go to a guitar shop and try each of them out for yourself, if you like one of them then get it. But while your down the shop anyway i would recomend making a day of it and trying lots of different makes and models.

Your URL doesn't work...

I was just answering his question...excuse ME.
Nah the pickups on that one look a bit small, do they have anything with a bit more in the pup department