im looking for a prety versatile sound. i like to play a lot of different stuff, but here are some things im aiming for with the pickups: acdc, metallica, haste the day, thrice, stevie ray vaughn, lynyrd skynyrd

i dont want to nail the tones exactly, i want my own sound. but i want pickups that can handle all of the sounds and sound good. for the bridge, which would be better? a SD JB or Dimarzio super distortion? i dont know much about the dimarzio but i have heard good things about it. for the bridge im looking for a good distortion sound that can range from classic rock to modern metal/metalcore. for the neck i want a good clean sound that i can put a little overdrive on and get a good blues sound. i also want a good distored lead sound. i was thinkin maybe a seymour duncan jazz or a 59.

any suggestions? sorry if the thread is a little long...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
active EMGs
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
ummm...no?
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
lol, EMGs for Stevie Ray Vaughan and Lynyrd Skynyrd

hmm... this is kinda hard but I would say Bare Knuckle Pickups Nailbombs
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

use some gibson classic 57 plus pickups, they fit the music you are trying to play. going to run you prolly 200 bucks for the set, but you wont regret it.
carvin has really good pickups for cheap.

www.carvin.com
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i was orginally thinking about the gibson 5l classic and classic plus, but im not sure if they are going to be able to get up to high gain stuff and metal. can they? i hear that the jb/jazz set if really versatile so i had decided on that set, but i was just going to chekc to see if there is any better options

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
a duncan custom in bridge, jazz in neck
"PAF's on steroids!"
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
well is the custom going to give me a good acdc style sound and a good metal sound?

edit: ok i believe i have decided on the duncan custom for the bridge. now what are some differences in the jazz and 59? thats the options for the neck i was looking at

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Sep 17, 2006,