Hey, first off ive been getting into the band called wolfmother...... i know there guitarist uses a fuzz pedal i was wondering does anyone the amp he uses? Second i was looking into getting a fuzz pedal........ either this or maybe a zvex fuzz factory. Is there a huge tone diffrence between these two pedals? Can i make one of my distortion pedals sound like a fuzz pedal? Thanks for reading
Wolfmother! I'm like their biggest fan lol..
Anyway, he uses a Vox Tonebender for that Woman fuzz, but not for all of thier sounds.

A Big Muff does Wolfmother sounds perfect though, I've got one and I can get pretty damn close, try one out!

Have you ever seen them live?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
no but i am in december!! so is the vox tonebender a pedal or an amp? if its a pedal, do u know what amp he uses
Arbiter Fuzz Face is my personal favourite fuzz box

There's a wide variety of fuzz's you can get from it, the only downside is it's expensive...but it'd worth it IMO

Then again, you could go the cheap route like me and get a Digitech Hotrod which models the Fuzzface
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Last edited by Apok at Sep 17, 2006,
Quote by Gibson_Rocker
no but i am in december!! so is the vox tonebender a pedal or an amp? if its a pedal, do u know what amp he uses

Its a pedal, they have a reissue out.

I think the fuzz factory would be to harsh/extreme (i used to have one) Id say the big muff would get you closer to the bands sound, plus you would save some money
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Gibson_Rocker

Wehey! I'm seeing them in November, I've seen them twice before haha.

And it's a pedal, and Andrew Stockdale uses a Plexi head and a Vox AC30 head sometimes.

Big Muff works good for their stuff.
Don't be afraid to care"

right!^ from watching there vids ndrew has alot of amps..... He also uses an SG right? And if the vox tonebender is reissued now how come i cant find it? could someone link me 2 it.
dont get the little big muff, get an original big muff much better tone (weither you get the USA or Russian model dependson taste, i prefer the Russian version)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
whats the diffrence between the american or russian? which would get me a better wolfmother tone? OR i might just get a used vox toneblender
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
dont get the little big muff, get an original big muff much better tone (weither you get the USA or Russian model dependson taste, i prefer the Russian version)

does the original size really sound better? my friend's Little Big Muff sounds great
Quote by Gibson_Rocker
whats the diffrence between the american or russian? which would get me a better wolfmother tone? OR i might just get a used vox toneblender

Andrew Stockdale only uses the Tonebender for a few songs, he uses q heavy overdrive pedals on the rest, but a Big Muff would do those tones great, and for cheap too.
Don't be afraid to care"

I think you're all wrong, I seem to recall in a Total Guitar interview him saying he did what Eddie Van Halen did with his old 80's plexi, Lowered the voltage output so it runs hotter and distorts more naturally and that gives him his pure rock tone.
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Matticuss22
I think you're all wrong

Your face is wrong.

You might be right, but I doubt he can afford an old plexi and crank it lol
And Andy doesn't crank his Plexi live (it's slightly clean), he uses his Xotic AC boost.
Don't be afraid to care"